This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
Overall responsibility: The Manager, Database Administration is responsible for day-to-day governance and performance management of the DBA’s and systems under the management of the DBA team. This role will assist in developing and implementing the strategic direction, managing the database systems by implementing policies and procedure for ensuring the performance, security, and integrity of the databases. This position will promote a customer care and service management philosophy that ensures internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Lead the DBA team achieve high levels of operational excellence supporting MS SQL Server Databases running in client’s data center and Trellance’s environment, and Snowflake running in Azure.
- Work closely with Client Engagement team to manage Jira support ticket queue and measure and promote efficiency in the processing and completion of tickets.
- Contribute to data recovery, maintenance, data integrity, and space requirements for physical database being met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Audit the current environments, provide capacity planning, and best practices for the future production / development / test environments, which may include establishing new standards and procedures.
- Develop strategies to maintain and support all databases with a goal to maximize availability and uptime.
- Maintain and improve best practices and standardize processes across the database team.
- Identify opportunities for operational efficiency through innovation and integration.
- Author SOPs, configuration specifications and related technical documentation
- Implement solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Monitor performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases with tools.
- Design, document, and implement performance enhancing hardware, OS, or database configuration changes to improve performance.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Development, QA, IT Ops, Implementations, and external clients on complex system changes.
- Collaborate with business partners to resolve any database policy compliance and vulnerability issues.
- Other duties as assigned.