About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 170 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
Ayers Saint Gross is seeking a talented Marketing Communications Coordinator to lead strategic and creative internal and external communications. This position is a key member of the firm’s marketing and business development team focused on promoting and strengthening our brand and thought leadership through content creation for our website, social media, publications, and marketing and communications platforms. The ideal candidate is an excellent writer and designer with a collaborative team spirit and keen attention to detail. This position requires a creative vision, strong work ethic, and a high level of engagement with the marketing and business development team, firm leadership, design staff, and operational departments across all three offices.
This role will be based in our Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC office. The firm is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. We will support remote work until we rejoin the office in-person.
- Manage and develop written and graphic content for our website, social media, and marketing platforms to promote our projects, people, practice, and expertise through compelling storytelling and design
- Lead internal communications by managing our intranet and building advocacy for cross-office communication, including the creation of knowledge-sharing campaigns. Lead monthly meetings to evaluate effectiveness and progress
- Develop and oversee our communications calendar with marketing and business development leadership
- Strengthen and grow firm and brand awareness via engagement with key partners, including institutional clients, design partners and consultants, and relevant industry publications on social media and other platforms
- Coordinate marketing and business development efforts as needed, including the development of qualifications packages, proposals, and presentations
- Support the marketing and business development team with a range of writing needs, including copywriting for project descriptions, proposal narratives, award submissions, resumes, and other marketing materials
- Work with collaborative teams to write and design publications and video/multimedia deliverables to elevate our thought leadership and design vision
- Assist technical staff with writing and editing needs, including final reports, project approaches, and others as needed
- Work with firm leadership to plan various internal and external events, including conferences, project tours, webinars, firm-wide meetings, and recruiting and community engagement events
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing, architecture, or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of marketing and experience and content creation preferred; experience working with a design firm a plus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a sophisticated visual brand and voice
- Ability to think creatively and strategically. Flexibility and a creative approach to problem-solving are essential.
- Understanding of effective social media strategies, including SEO and performance tracking and reporting
- Proven track record of working independently on deadline-driven projects and long-term initiatives simultaneously
- Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat), and MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of WordPress, Synthesis, Deltek Vision, and OpenAsset a plus
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing and design samples.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.