J. A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) is a woman-owned professional services firm that believes in treating its clients and employees like family at every level of our company. Our family culture is what we’re known for, and we work to stay true to who we are. That’s how we manage our projects and how we recruit THE Best People in our industry. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we, which makes us stronger together.
We are searching for a Director of Rail and Transit to develop and execute the emerging Rail and Transit Services Team's strategic direction. This includes providing leadership, business development and strategic marketing, client relationship management, project delivery, and recruitment and retention of key staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead client management/development activities, including; maintaining and developing client relationships, managing overall client expectations, leading project pursuit efforts, and identifying new projects to pursue.
- Direct and manage other construction professionals' work, including mentoring junior-level technical staff and identifying staff requirements for all assigned projects, including hiring and supervising workforce to support the Rail and Transit team.
- Manage the team through training, coaching, and mentoring to encourage staff development.
- Direct all construction and project management activities, including overseeing work with architects, project managers, coordinators, and external consultants/contractors.
- Monitor project specifics on an ongoing basis and ensure compliance with project objectives from JWI and client.
- Oversee quality control programs and information management systems for all construction inspection and resident engineering assignments.
- Provide leadership through all phases of construction management, including managing the project team’s daily construction activities and contracts, maintaining QA/QC requirements, developing relationships in the market, and directing all technical aspects of construction projects and teams.
- Serve as the Project Director with overall responsibility for project financial performance, resolution of project challenges, and ultimately project completion success.
- Provide strategic direction for the continual development and efficient use of resources, including ongoing analyses of the current state.
- Develop a scope of work and budgets for various projects. Monitor and revise project plans as necessary.
- Responsible for overall financial budgeting and planning related to the Rail and Transit Services Team and related projects.
- Perform other duties as required.