The IT Services Administrator is a full time position which will provide key support and ongoing maintenance for all Airport Technology Systems at Syracuse Hancock International Airport. This person must possess the ability to troubleshoot computer systems, networks, and their associated peripherals under stressful situations. The airport maintains various systems incorporating all computers, phones, displays, and networks used throughout the airport. This position will interface closely with technology users, airlines and other tenants. The Information Technology Administrator will report to the Information Technology Manager and assume their duties when requested.
Typical Work Activities
• Assure a high level of customer service is provided to all end users including the airport tenants and employees
• Provide ongoing support and assistance to airlines, tenants, personnel, and vendors.
• Ensure adequacy of system testing during initial implementation and assure adequate resolution of test exceptions.
• Primary focus on shared-use systems with responsibilities for all technology
• Provide training and assistance to end users.
• Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IT hardware, including laptops, desktops, switches, servers, printers, point of contact solutions, etc.
• Maintenance of virtual servers, switches, cloud-based functionality and FIDS systems, including implementation, updates and problem resolution.
• Provide network configuration, support, and troubleshooting expertise when necessary.
• Maintain detailed documentation of all devices associated with the networks.
• Respond to inquiries and provide information when needed.
• Assist with the maintenance and operations of the Airport Control Access and Alarm Monitoring System (ACAMS) systems as needed.
• Participates in the administration of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDS, WSUS, etc.
• Administering VMware ESX and executing VM management tasks.
Good knowledge of the operation of networked computer hardware, software, peripherals, and communication devices.
• COMPTIA A+ Certification
• COMPTIA Sec+ Certification
• Cisco CCENT or CCNA Certification
• Experience with VMWare VCenter
• Experience with Cisco Catalyst and Meraki Routing and Switching
• Experience with Active Directory and Windows Server Administration
• Experience with Office 365
• Experience with Azure AD
• SonicWALL CSSA
• Cisco ASA Firewall
• Microsoft MCP/MCSA/MCSE
• Using HP PCM, SNMPv2 and v3
Ability to gain knowledge of Airport Common Use platforms and security systems.
Ability to evaluate end-user/department hardware and software needs.
Ability to learn and use new hardware and software products and adapt to new concepts.
Knowledge and application of various backup and filtering systems, both cloud based and on premises.
Knowledge of physical networking equipment and configuration best practices.
Ability to read/understand and interpret technical and procedural manuals.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with customer base, management, and staff.
Skilled in developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relations.
Ability to work professionally and respectfully with a diverse staff, tenants, and vendors
Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
Must be able to work the required schedule, including weekends, holidays, and on-call as needed
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with a bachelor degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a closely related field; or equivalent Military experience/training in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or closely related field; and 3 years experience in information technology services.
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a closely related field; or equivalent Military experience/training in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or closely related field; and 5 years of experience in information technology services.
*Any offer of employment would be contingent on passing a security clearance background check.
**This is a Civil Service provisional position. The incumbent will be required to take an open/competitive exam given by Onondaga County Civil Service and be reachable on the certified list to obtain permanent civil service status and retain the position.
Salary and Benefits
The Authority offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including health/dental/vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, generous paid time off, flexible work schedules, and membership in the New York State Employee Retirement System.
*The Syracuse Regional Airport Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer*