Answer phone inquiries and obtain information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. Set pick up and delivery appointments. Complete data entry in real time; build customer masters; obtain and maintain directions to each facility. Effectively communicate with other customer service staff. Assist Customer Service Representatives and solicit freight as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
• Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
• Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
• Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
• Perform duties such as making coffee, keeping kitchen area clean, taking care of plants and straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
• Accept orders from customers via phone and computer system. Obtain and enter pertinent load information into computer system.
• Schedule pick up and delivery appointments via computer system.
• Process customer updates via website, EDI, email, or other form of communication.
• Submit customer requests for certificates of insurance.
• Order office supplies and coffee for Hill West.
• Send special occasion cards to employees and customers.
• Comply with company policies and procedures.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Attendance - Consistently reports to work as required and completes normal work hours.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Priority Setting - Refers to spending time and the time of others on what's important.
• Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
• Work Quality - Refers to the effort that consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
Skills & Abilities
Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience : No prior experience necessary
Experience with TMW Software helpful.
Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and OutLook.
50+ WPM with 90% accuracy typing speed required.
Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems and record keeping.
Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested and approved by supervisor
Physical Demands/Requirements available upon request.