The Junior Financial Analyst supports, prepares, monitors and analyzes complex financial data to assist the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis with strategic decision making. This position will work with outside departments to create effective, high-level reports with a strong focus on budgeting, pricing, scenario and data analysis.
- Conducts business studies on past, future, and comparative performance and assist in developing forecast models and trends
- Assists with data gathering and fact-finding, data analysis and presentation of findings
- Assists business units with review of business proposals including consumer pricing and grant proposals
- Assists in the development and distribution of ad-hoc, monthly reports and analyses as needed
- Monitors and interprets data by working with the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to make recommendations on opportunities to improve financial operations to appropriate administrators
- Contributes to the maintenance and continuous improvement of all planning, forecasting and other financial models
- Assists with planning and development of annual company-wide budget and financial projections based on trend analysis
- Provides creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Completes and coordinates various audits, as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong math and analytical skills with an ability to organize and analyze data with accuracy and precision
- Skill in MS Office Suite and expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge to perform standardized and statistical computations
- Ability to find gaps in information and summarize low level data into high-level reports
- Ability to work positively and proactively, maintain organization, prioritize and multitask, with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience
- One to two years of professional experience in Data Analysis, Accounting, Finance or Business Analysis (PREFERRED)
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position is moderately self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The position may require travel up to 5%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.