Job Title: Commissioning Specialist -MEP
Join our team! Michaud Cooley Erickson is adding an experienced Commissioning professional that enjoys working with clients and design teams.
Michaud Cooley Erickson is a full-service engineering firm. We pride ourselves in providing high quality mechanical, electrical, lighting, fire protection, security, technology systems and energy management solutions for clients, as well as unprecedented commissioning to facilitate efficient operation of systems.
What to expect in this role
A Commissioning (Cx) Specialist- MEP primarily develops and executes a commissioning plan that effectively authenticates the operation of building systems and equipment in accordance with designer plans, specifications, engineered documents, and owners’ requirements. In practice, the commissioning process is the integrated application of a set of engineering techniques and procedure to check, inspect and test every operational component of the project from individual functions up to complex amalgamations. The role also includes troubleshooting, QA/QC of engineered drawings and specification, research/investigation, field survey, and report writing for tasks related to design and functionality of various system types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review of pre-design documentation such as an Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR) or Basis of Design (BOD) narrative; documenting errors, omissions, or suggestions for improvement.
- Development of the project’s Cx plan including identification of all project stakeholders, organizing and leading Cx meetings, and communicating roles and responsibilities throughout the Cx process.
- Creation of the testing scripts for each system component included in the project’s scope.
- Creation of the Cx action log including communicating and tracking open items with the applicable project team member.
- Documenting the Cx process in a comprehensive final report that summarizes the commissioning process and results.
- Identifying and make recommendations when enhancement opportunities are discovered.
- Review of Testing and Balancing (TAB) reports and written correspondence when concerns or enhancements are recognized
- Review of Operation and Maintenance (O+M) manuals for completeness, accuracy, and organization
- Execute the project’s training plan in collaboration with the design engineer and Owner including documentation and tracking of training events to verify the plan is executed properly.
- Interact with contractors, interprets design and specifications
- Monitors performance of contractors
- Interacts with clients or owners to resolve problems within the scope of the design
- Performs routine calculations
- Travel locally and out of town, sometimes on limited notice, when demanded by the project
- Ability to work any hours of the day, when required by project
If possess these skills and abilities, apply now!
The use of current technology, including hardware and software applications related to Cx and management of Cx (e.g. Office 365, Acrobat/Bluebeam, CxAlloy, and various construction management platforms such as Procore or PlanGrid)Mechanical, electrical, fire protection, plumbing systems (MEFP)Design and construction codesBuilding Automation Systems (BAS)Verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years’ experience working with and or/commissioning MEP building operations systems
- Bachelor of Science from an accredited four-year college or university or a technical or associate degree with related experience and/or training required
- Professional Certifications such as CCP, ACP, CxA or BCxP preferred; LEED Accreditation desired but not required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong communications skills required; speak effectively before groups of customers, contractors, or employees of organization
- Detailed analytical skills to review building automation graphics, troubleshooting equipment issues, and documentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team yet function independently with minimal management
- Must have a collaborative approach to resolving issues; not an accusatory or blame approach.
- Proficient in:
- Be able to respond quickly to information requests
Bring your passion and talents and in return you will enjoy a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Amazing coworkers
- Great medical benefits
- Dental & Vision benefits
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Employer paid short and long term disability
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working at MCE fun and rewarding.
MCE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.