The Proposal Writer will prepare, draft, review, and process non-routine correspondence in support of proposals and marketing. The Proposal Writer will also develop and write resumes, project descriptions, qualification packages, Sources Sought, and proposals for the purpose of obtaining new business.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Supports proposal development by writing management, technical, experience, personnel, and past performance proposal sections that are comprehensible, organized, succinct, persuasive, compliant and meet internal and external deadlines
- Assists proposal managers and senior staff during storyboard and strategy sessions on assigned proposals to develop win themes and other strategic approaches to developing a winning proposal
- Writes and edits proposal sections, as assigned, and incorporate win themes
- Interviews operations and technical personnel to gather pertinent details for special projects or resume and project description write-ups
- Manages smaller task order proposals and prepare Sources Sought documents
- Compiles information for each section and edits language to ensure one voice
- Edits for consistency, clarity, grammar, and syntax, and ensure compliance with customer requirements
- Analyzes solicitation requirements and RFP specifications, and validates compliance
- Acts as a focal point for the collection of information from various sources
- Works closely with other departments to obtain information needed (estimating, engineering, operations)
- Works with graphic artists to capture key messages in graphics
- Supports ongoing business development activities, such as speeches and presentations
- Contributes to the development of intellectual capital, tools, and systems to promote efficiency and effectiveness for company and proposal team
- Assists with proposal production, including quality assurance checks
- Assists with marketing department needs, including development of marketing materials and collaboration on writing new materials (project fact sheets, corporate fact sheets, brochures, project literature, web pages, and presentations)
- Supports special projects (newsletter, award nominations, letters, rating responses, etc.) as directed by the Executive Team
- Follows company protocol for file and data management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- College Degree (BA or BS)
- Minimum of 5 years of proposal writing with a focus on government contracts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Experience with government proposals
- Work schedule flexibility to meet short deadlines
- A strong command of the English language
- The ability to express ideas and concepts accurately in writing.
- The ability to solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong skills in creating presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively on a cohesive team working together to achieve project goals.
- Ability to professionally represent the company, verbally, in writing, and in person, to clients, associates and all others and to expand relationships and grow the business
- Ability to navigate an organized data server to find and parse specific information
- Ability to work independently
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.