Responsible for procuring and expediting commodities, equipment and subcontracted services necessary for the construction operations of CMS which includes but is not limited to the purchase and/or lease of equipment, material, tools, services, supplies, cell phones and other equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Evaluate purchase requests for purchase/lease of services, commodities, and equipment to determine appropriate procurement method
- Prepare and issue purchase orders/subcontracts for subcontracted services, purchase of equipment, materials, or commodities to include change order/modifications commensurate with delegated procurement authority in an expeditious manner and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Evaluate bids, considering price, delivery date, past performance of vendor, etc. to assist Estimating and Operations in determining successful bidder
- Negotiate terms/conditions when required
- Accurately document all transactions in the automated purchasing system and purchase order/subcontract file
- Handle lease/rental contracts, renewals, and terminations
- Interface with Accounts Payable to resolve invoice discrepancies, delivery, and quality requirements with vendor
- Interface with Project Managers and Engineering as appropriate
- Continually seek sources for materials, supplies, and services
- Meet with sales and vendor representatives as required
- Act as procurement liaison between CMS and its clients, subcontractors, vendors or suppliers, including but not limited to participation in pre-subcontract discussions, subcontract negotiations, subcontract change orders, to resolve payment issues, and ensure compliant subcontract close-out
- Advise Procurement Manager and Legal Department of contractual issues
- Ensure company subcontracting policies and procedures are followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of construction job related experience, or;
- An Associate’s degree and 3-4 years of construction job related experience, or;
- A High School diploma and 6+ years of construction job related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal).
- Strong sense of urgency with excellent customer service mentality.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage time and resources in the most efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills (negotiation/analytical).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Foundation
- Extremely Detail Oriented
- Strong expediting and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
- Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds and walk the CMS fabrication shop
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend, and reach
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.