PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an Addictions Program Director.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
Monday – Friday schedule
Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
18+ annual paid holidays
Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
401(k) with annual profit sharing
Life & AD&D insurance coverage
PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
Employee Assistance Program
Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Plan, direct, and implement substance use disorder (SUD), co-occurring, problem gambling, prevention, treatment and relapse prevention services in response to needs, contracts, grant requirements, periodic evaluation results and current treatment trends in service delivery. Supervise Addiction Program staff.
- Works in collaboration with PTHA Administration to ensure effective practices and alignment to organization mission and values.
- Direct supervision of all department staff. Conduct annual employee performance evaluations on all Addictions Program staff in collaboration with Clinical Supervisor.
- Ensure individual and group treatment interventions are delivered with clinical excellence. The focus will be on outcomes and improving patient experience.
- Supervise maintenance of patient clinical records for all addictions programs to ensure compliance with relative regulations and contracts.
- Responsible for budget development, compliance, variance analysis and corrective action plans as needed to ensure the department operates in a financially sustainable manner.
- Responsible for continued quality improvement, research, assessment, development and implementation of best practices for the Addictions program, ensuring quality of care.
- Conduct an annual departmental assessment and propose and implement necessary changes to ensure continued quality patient care.
- Responsible for contract compliance for grant awards: budget, scope of work, close-out documentation, funding agencies modifications and timely submission of reports.
- Meet and maintain compliance with WA state certification and other accreditation standards.
- Serve as a behavioral health liaison within PTHA, as well as outside agencies (i.e.: Tribe, State, Local) to establish and improve internal and external involvement and collaboration of service delivery across all service categories.
- Works collaboratively with staff to set and reach department goals.
- Provide weekly status report on department challenges and highlights to supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring the environment for patients and staff is welcoming, friendly and positive
- Provide direct service as needed and demonstrate clinical expertise for others to mirror.