Norfolk Kitchen & Bath is a family-owned business who has been a leader in the kitchen design for over 30 years. We take pride in the ability to offer beautiful kitchens and bath design and providing exceptional service to our clients. Due to growth, we are looking to add to our team at our Braintree Showroom location.
If you enjoy working in a beautiful location and spend your free time watch HGTV and scrolling through Pinterest at interior design, we may be the "home" for you. The Showroom Administrative Assistant is key to keeping the day to day running smoothly by assisting customers, designers and managing the flow of work. Providing exceptional customer service is one of our core values at Norfolk and the Coordinator will be on the front line.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has been in an office manager or front desk administrative role where the work environment was fast-paced. This position is customer facing and you must be professional, very organized and able to juggle multiple tasks.
Here's some details of what you will be doing in the role -
You will be the 1st contact for most clients who reach out via email, web appointment, email or simply walk in. You will screen the customer and find out what they may be interested in and where they are in their decision making timeline. You may introduce them to some of the cabinets lines within the showroom and then coordinate with a designer. There are opportunities to also sell products, such as vanities, hardware or miscellaneous items.
Keeping the showroom presentable is key to providing the best customer experience, so the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the upkeep of displays, keeping product current as well as common areas neat and organized.
This position does require Saturdays and you would be scheduled off a day during the week.
This is an hourly position. The rate is between $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Professional, pleasant telephone voice and excellent communication skills
• Self starter and motivated to learn and grow
• Ability to speak clearly and concisely
• Ability to multi-task; well organized
• Friendly, courteous and professional manner with high level of customer service
• Ability to use internet effectively to source product and related information
• To maintain the goodwill of the company’s customers and potential customers
• Highly organized and able to maintain a neat and clean work station
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
Education and Experience
• Experience managing a front area or office
• 2+ years of customer facing support in a sales/retail work environment
• Proficient with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel & Teams - Able to manage multiple Outlook calendars
• Kitchen cabinet product knowledge, helpful but will train
• Able to sit for long periods of time
• Able to work on PC screens for data analysis for long periods of time
• Able to walk, bend, stand
• Professional appearance
• Able to pass drug screen and medical exam (if necessary)
• Ability to lift and/or pull 30+ lbs