The volunteer coordinator is responsible for ensuring that our organization is filled with the best and most reliable volunteers who are appropriately engaged for the fulfillment of our mission. The ability to distinguish talent, motivate, and inspire are key along with excellent organizational skills and the ability to communicate with people from diverse abilities and experiences. The volunteer coordinator will work directly with the volunteer, event, and programs teams to create a strategic plan to integrate volunteers. The volunteer coordinator will be working with the Volunteer Team to create a positive experience for all volunteers as they effectively support the mission of the NAC.
• Understand and assist in recruiting and managing volunteer needs in all Volunteer capacities including programs, events, and groups.
• Lead volunteer training and arrange for further training when needed.
• Train and coordinate with program and event staff on volunteer needs and requirements.
• Coordinate group volunteer opportunities for external organizations.
• Utilize SalesForce and other data platforms to recruit Volunteers, track hours, and other administrative duties as required.
• Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied, well-placed, and receive feedback when needed.
• Communicate frequently with staff and volunteer team to ensure transparency of needs and work through any ideas or changes that need to be implemented.
• Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information, assignments and required paperwork.
• Evaluate programs and staff on their engagement of volunteers on a regular basis.
• Ensure the purpose of the organization and its mission is clearly communicated.
• Deliver a positive and fun experience for our volunteers.
• Implement creative ways to recognize and retain our volunteers.
• Collect feedback from volunteers utilizing a variety of tools and initiate a strategic plan to use those results.
• Experience coordinating large numbers of volunteers.
• Experience in recruiting volunteers through various channels.
• Ability and willingness to support in programs and events.
• Able to communicate effectively with diverse people.
• Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities.
• A pleasant, outgoing personality.
• Working knowledge of MS Office.
• Experience working with Sales Force highly preferred.
• Ability to consistently lift, carry and load adaptive and other sports equipment that may weigh 50 or more pounds preferred.
• Experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
The National Ability Center is invested in both hard and soft benefits for our team. We provide medical insurance, employer contribution to HSA, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and holidays, 403b, short-term disability and other benefits as outline in the Employee Handbook.