The employee in this position serves in an advanced level Maintenance and Grounds-keeping role and will, when necessary, assist the plant services manager in areas of department management. This employee will be responsible for assisting in the care and appearance of grounds and the other maintenance work as assigned by the Plant Services Manager. The person in this position shall, at all times, work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and guests. The person in this position should be able to work alone or with team members as needed. Adherence to a published, departmental schedule is expected and required. This employee will be included in the rotation of weekend shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety: Employee is responsible to fully implement Warm Beach Camp's Safety policies and procedures and to provide a safe working environment for any staff or volunteer under their direction.
Facilities Maintenance: This position helps plan and oversee the general maintenance priorities of Warm Beach Camp, as directed by the Plant Services Manager. Tasks and duties will include:
- Assist in overseeing areas of new construction and building remodels.
- Work closely with contractors and outside vendors as a representation of the camp.
- Perform quality rough and finish carpentry work.
- Perform quality sheet rocking and painting work.
- Make repairs to electrical systems including new wiring and troubleshooting.
- Diagnose and repair plumbing systems.
- Perform regular vehicle maintenance on camp vehicles including oil changes and tune-ups and make recommendations for further, more in-depth repairs.
- Working on camp water and sewer systems.
- Able to operate heavy equipment in a professional manor including tractors, backhoes, Skid Steers, forklifts, High Lifts etc.
- Assist with the management of camp water utility including location water lines for customers.
- Assist with annual safety inspections on all buildings.
- Responding to guest needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Grounds Care: This position helps plan and oversee the general grounds-keeping priorities of Warm Beach Camp as directed by the Plant Services Manager. Tasks and duties will include:
- Responsible for maintaining healthy lawns including proper and consistent mowing height, fertilization, re-seeding and weed control.
- Maintain and design new landscaped areas.
- Make repairs to the RV area water, sewer and electrical systems.
- Oversee a schedule of irrigation for camp yards and flower beds.
- Lead efforts to winterize all camp irrigation systems.
- Oversee camp grounds keeping equipment and make recommendations for repairing/replacing equipment at appropriate times.
- Plan and oversee landscaping projects including design irrigation systems and outdoor lighting, proper tree care and forest management, store water run-off systems.
- Assist with the compliance of all county and state rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Seek knowledge and adherence to best practices in safety.
- Supervise and train volunteers to complete projects as assigned.
- Perform and supervise projects as assigned.
- Maintain clean and orderly working environment.
- Provide feedback to supervisor on condition of grounds camp facilities.
- Communicate equipment, repair, supply and labor needs to supervisor.
- Attend morning Plant Services meetings and all staff meetings.
- Parking crew or other assigned duties during The Lights of Christmas.
- Be available for on call/after hours in order to respond to emergency situations.
- Participate in a rotation of weekend duty assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is not a regular supervisory position but will be expected to supervise up to seven plant services employees in the absence of the Plant Services Manager and/or in situations where volunteer supervision or work crew supervision is needed during seasonal times or special projects. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries provides Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events. As a staff, one of our commitments is to carry out our responsibilities in a way that will "keep the path clear to the cross."
This is a full-time, year-round position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree, Bachelors degree or equivalent technical schooling with an additional five to eight years of related building maintenance and/or construction and or grounds keeping experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints and procedure manuals. Ability to create written reports and to describe complex problems in a clear manor. Ability to clearly present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio percentages. Ability to apply the principles of basic of geometry and financial accounting.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Driver's License (CDL not required but desirable)
Electrical License (not required but desirable)
HVAC Certification (not required but desirable)
Arborist Certification (not required but desirable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Job duty examples which have vision requirements; sharpening blades and performing basic equipment repairs, evaluating lawn condition (height of grass, color etc.), operating power equipment and driving mower around obstacles and in general assuring that appearance and grooming of grounds is appealing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee if frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold;
extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud as created by lawn mowers, brush cutters, weed eaters and sharpening blades on grinder. Employee should use standard safety equipment when performing duties of this job such as ear protection devices, face guard, dust mask/air filter, rubber gloves and the like.
Employee will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.