Benefits of working with Henderson Properties!
- You receive 80 hours of PTO in your first year of employment and then it increases to 120 hours of PTO after your one year anniversary.
- We match up to 3% if you enroll in our Retirement Plan.
- We observe 8 Paid Holidays throughout the year.
- Insurance options to Full Time Employees after 90 days of employment.
- Flexible Working Schedules and option to work from home on Fridays.
- Discounts on real estate sales and maintenance work.
This is a full time position in which the person will be responsible for managing the real estate assets of our Owner clients maximizing the investment potential for the assets. The Rental Property Manager will act on behalf of the Owner in order to fulfill the terms of the management agreement. Area of service includes Charlotte and Gastonia.
- Solicit, prepare and submit Request For Proposals, and review contracts relating to improvements and maintenance of all properties managed.
- Provide advice and make recommendations to Owner for improvements to the properties in their portfolio.
- Monitor market conditions and set appropriate rental rates for vacant properties.
- Develop and implement marketing plan to maximize cash flow of the asset.
- Advise and submit recommendations to Owner regarding all aspects of financial viability of their property.
- Monitor and ensure performance of management contracts and lease contracts.
- Communicate with the Owner on a regular basis to update the Owner of significant events regarding their properties.
- Review monthly cash flow statements/disbursements for accuracy.
- Respond to emails and calls from Owners.
- Review maintenance invoices for accuracy and approve for payment.
- Maintain appropriate trust account funds for all properties according to NC & SC Trust Account guidelines.
- Complete property inspections: move-outs, new property, Section 8, etc. in accordance with management contract.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Division to insure timely completion of make-ready process on vacant properties.
- Coordinate with Leasing Department in securing new tenants and negotiating rents.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to make sound and independent decisions.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communications.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports, lease documents, and management contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent education and experience.
- Rental Property Managers must have NC/SC Real Estate Broker’s License