K&M Tire is a privately-held, family-owned tire distribution company that is focused on building relationships, continuous improvement, and providing professional development to all of our team members. We service multiple customer channels in more than 27 states from our 31 distribution centers and distribute 30+ industry-leading tire brands, including Bridgestone, Firestone, Goodyear, and many others. The U.S. replacement tire industry accounts for nearly $40B in annual revenue and K&M Tire is well-positioned for continued, responsible growth.
The ASSISTANT WAREHOUSE MANAGER reports to the WAREHOUSE MANAGER and exists to assist the manager to ensure the operations out of that location run smoothly and efficiently, that deliveries are on time and accurate.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Live and uphold our Mission, Vision, and Values.
2. Take ownership and have pride in your warehouse.
3. Ensure the right tires are delivered in a fast, friendly manner on time, every time.
4. Supervise, provide work, train, motivate, show appreciation and develop others.
5. Be the main communicator, must get out of the office and communicate with employees.
6. Assist in the maintenance, repairs and upkeep of all company vehicles and property including the building and grounds.
7. Assist in employee recruiting, staffing, scheduling, time cards, evaluations, safety, etc.
8. Responsible for managing and resolving conflict in the work environment by using the company values as a guide.
9. Assist in overseeing warehouse operations are being done accurately and timely.
10. Assist in making sure the warehouse is organized and clean.
11. Assist in overseeing delivery drivers.
12. Assist in ensuring inventory counts are correct.
13. Assist in ensuring chart/racking changes are completed timely.
14. Complete and submit necessary paperwork in a timely manner (credit card receipts, shorts, tracking reports, packing slips, invoices, cash, checks, new hires paperwork, work comp, evaluations, customer credits, etc.).
15. Keep procedures up to date, ensure they are being followed.
16. Strive for peak performance and consistency; always look for ways to improve.
17. Must be able to perform all employees’ job duties and cross-train employees.
18. Help out where needed within the department in the event of an absence.
19. Assist others to help reach the goals of K&M Tire.
20. Report any issues or concerns to your supervisor.
1. Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications.
2. Must possess a friendly and helpful attitude.
3. Must possess strong planning and organizational skills.
4. Ability to work in a multi-tasking, professional environment.
5. Must pay close attention to details.
6. Ability to lift 75 lbs. consistently.
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive any of our delivery vehicles.
8. Must work 2nd shift 1 week every 2 months.
WHAT WE OFFER:
K&M Tire offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
K&M Tire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.