Provides highly competent services in the areas of accounting, oversight of the accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger and other financial management duties. Reports to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Essential Job Functions:
1. This position is responsible for the oversight and management of day to day accounting operations of the Agency - This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring all accounting policies and procedures are performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; developing and maintaining all accounting systems; developing departmental procedures and maintaining accurate accounting records.
2. This position oversees the billing and collection of fees owed the Agency and oversight of the payroll process and ensure proper reporting of all wage and payroll tax information.
3. This position is responsible for the development of Accounting departmental accounting policies and procedures as necessary.
4. This position supervises a team of dedicated accounting professionals including the Accounting Managers and Payables/Payroll Manager.
5. Internal Control Oversight-This positions supports the development, establishment and monitoring of policies and procedures that ensure effective and efficient internal control.
6. Supports the financial reporting needs in coordination with the Director of Financial Reporting.
Typical office setting. Standard hours plus additional time required as needed. Some travel required. No unusual physical demands.
Interest in social service programs. At least five (5) years of relevant work experience in a responsible financial management position. Requires a Bachelor of Business Administration or its equivalent, accounting degree and CPA preferred.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.