ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and supplies.
• Perform maintenance and repairs in assigned buildings.
• Maintain grounds (sidewalks and lawn care).
• Assist in maintaining inventory and commending purchase of suitable supplies, tools and equipment.
• Maintain storage areas.
• Participate in required training on and ensure compliance with State Child Care Licensing and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for child care centers and facilities.
• Provide a clean and safe environment.
• Follow all conduct and safety policies and procedures to ensure that children’s safety at all times including ensuring children are within sight and sound of RWCFS staff at all times.
• Track, maintain and support the staff with maintenance requests.
• Purchase approved equipment and supplies in compliance with the agency’s financial policies.
• Assist in drafting Request for Proposals (RFPs) for repair and or construction and maintenance projects.
• Coordinate maintenance and custodial duties with supervisees
• Maintain Safety Data Sheets.
• Supervise custodial/maintenance employees including supporting annual appraisal and professional development.
• Investigate complaints against/concerning custodial/maintenance personnel (from citizens or internal) and report final disposition to Program Design Director.
• Participate in cross training and succession planning for custodial/maintenance services.
• Assist with the overall operation of custodial/maintenance services.
• Develop orientation and onboarding plans and ensure all tools for implementing are developed and available.
• Support management team in development of policy and systems to ensure seamless provision of all services for Head Start and Early Head Start services.
• Be on the on call list for the alarm system.
• Assist in the collection of In-Kind donations.
• Participate in night and weekend activities pertinent to job duties.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents.
• Support culture of safety.
• Support recruitment of program participants.
• Attend Operations meetings as needed and appropriate.
• Work with transportation department to work on large projects, example: moving playground equipment, spreading mulch, moving classrooms, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
Employees must be able to demonstrate at all times that they are physically able to meet the requirements of their jobs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, and touch. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is often required to walk, talk, hear and reach above the shoulders, and occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required when attending to potential blood-borne pathogens.
The employee regularly works near fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and performs work/or job related travel.
The employee frequently works in extreme hot and cold conditions and is exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
The employee occasionally works in wet, humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, vibration, and in high precarious places.
The noise level is a combination of moderate and loud.
Salary $45,302 - $48,048 depending on qualifications/experience
Associate’s degree, accreditation from a technical school or an applicable skilled trades program.
5 or more years of experience in the area of facility maintenance and janitorial duties.
Have general knowledge of the principles of plumbing, heating, electricity, and building and grounds maintenance.
The ability to perform minor carpentry work.
Must be conscientious and capable of working alone with minimal supervision.
Knowledge of custodial equipment, supplies and floor care.
Familiar with custodial operations and basic maintenance procedures.
Access to reliable, licensed, insured driver and transportation within the work day. (duties will require traveling to different site locations).
Ability to work a flex schedule with some required “call in” and weekend work hours.
Ability to maintain basic First Aid and CPR certification.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.