Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability - TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact - TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment - The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards - TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Refund Specialist is an important part of the TOA Central Business Office, our operation that focuses on revenue cycle excellence. As a Refund Specialist, you will use your analytical, financial, and customer service skills to ensure that the accounts of our TOA patients are accurate and reconciled in a timely fashion. Essentially, you’ll be working to make sure any overage that is due to a TOA patient is returned to them timely. This position reports to our Revenue Cycle Manager, and is located at our Central Business Office location. Meets quality assurance and productivity standards by identifying, reconciling credit balance accounts and reviewing credit balance reports for potential over payments.
- Ensures accuracy of refund requests by doing the appropriate research and reconciliation of credit balance accounts and analyzing patients’ accounts utilizing our Electronic Health Record (EHR) system - NextgGen to determine appropriate action.
- Communicate with patients, TOA staff and insurance payers to ensure timely and accurate resolutions of account transactions. This may include the review of third party claims (i.e. MVA settlements, workers compensation claims.)
- Prioritize assigned accounts to maximize aged accounts receivable resolution
- Review explanation of benefit (EOB) documentation and third party claims/workman’s comp. to perform account resolution
- Process, post, and prepare approved refunds through our EHR system
- Operate within established guidelines and protocols, including providing backup documentation for our accounting and audit functions