SECO is an award-winning high volume freight consolidator, distributor, transportation management and collaborative logistics provider. We support the needs of retailers ranging in size and complexity from regional providers to some of the nation’s most respected brands.
Our Mission is to building lasting relationships with customers, carriers, and partners on a foundation of honesty and integrity.
Headquartered in Ellenwood, GA, SECO takes pride in making sure our employees are our #1 priority. At SECO, employees are our primary assets and we continuously look for candidates who possess the following:
2. Adaptable to change
3. Passionate about their work
4. Goes above and beyond daily goals
5. Committed to the success of the company
Do you fit the bill? We would love to have you!
• 100% employer paid medical coverage for employee only
• Dental & Vision Coverage
• $3000.00 employer contribution HRA Program
• An Excellent PTO Program including additional personal days to promote mental health
• Paid Holidays including a “floating holiday” to cover birthdays or any day at the choice of the employee
• 401k match program up to 5% employer contribution
• Mid-Year & Annual Bonuses
• Short/Long-Term Disability
• Basic Life Insurance Coverage
• Happy Hour Fridays
• Monthly lunches
• Numerous Employee Appreciation Events
• Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced environment
***A successful passing of a drug screen, physical exam and background check is required for employment at SECO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Billing inbound loads as they arrive. Checking for discrepancies and correcting the information in the AS400 to match the paperwork submitted by the vendor. Printing check sheets so the dock can work the freight.
2. Closing out trailer manifests for completed loads. Checking for accuracy while looking for overweight or HazMat alerts. Creating additional check sheets for split PO’s
3. Setting up partials in the system for trailers that have not yet closed.
4. Sending 210 and 214 EDI transmissions throughout the day and before closing.
5. Maintaining a weight balance spreadsheet throughout the day. Being able to report to any dock supervisors how much tonnage quickly and accurately has been billed at any given time.
6. Matching and imaging inbound and outbound documents as well as unloading reports. Electronically filing all documents with the appropriate file name and location prior to disposable.
7. Entering unloading report data into the system for the assigned DC’s. Requesting all unloading reports not received within 23 days of trailer departure.
8. Promptly and courteously answering phone calls. Assisting drivers with directions. Transferring calls to the appropriate party or department.
9. Running various reports to support the office and dock. Reports include but are not limited to: Seal check, on hand, Open Bookings Report and Weight Balance Report.”
10. Picking up mail from the post office.
11. Working with systems from multiple customers.
12. Aiding with questions regarding issues.
13. Reporting findings and general notes on daily processes to their manager.
1. Good problem-solver with sharp analytical thinking
2. Ability to maintain a calm, composed presence in an often fast-paced environment where multiple tasks, events and stimulus may occur simultaneously
3. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills
6. Strong interpersonal skills
7. Effective organizational and planning skills
8. Ability to prioritize task and manage time efficiently and effectively
10. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
11. Attention to detail
13. Solution-focus mindset.
14. Ability to work with team members at every level
16. Great team player
17. Ability to build relationships with staff
18. Must be flexible with hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
High school diploma.
Experience in cross docking or shipping and receiving environment
Knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
Familiarity with AS 400 and/or PC applications.
Ability to sit for long periods of time
Ability to work in fast paced environment