ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Listen to shift report attentively in order to set priorities of resident care.
• Follow resident assignment sheet that contains plan of care.
• Report to licensed nurse pertinent resident care information throughout shift.
• Report to licensed nurse when leaving unit and at end of shift.
• Physical and emotional needs of the residents will be maintained with respect and compassion per resident’s individual plan of care and ECH policy.
• Transportation of residents to and from activities and appointments as assigned.
• Perform treatments per CNA certification under direction of a licensed nurse.
• Provide a clean and safe resident environment.
• Be punctual.
• Work according to daily schedule.
• Interact with co-workers and team members in a respectful and courteous manner.
• Provide assistance to co-workers as requested.
• Be courteous and helpful to residents, families and peers.
• Communicate pertinent information to co-workers to ensure compliance with resident care standards.
• Follow the chain of command.
• Respond positively to suggestions and guidance.
• Be respectful and courteous to residents, visitors, and co-workers.
• Meet all certification and re-certification requirements as set by regulation.
• Follow the dress code per policy.
• Complete ADL documentation by end of scheduled shift.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing duties of this job requires lifting, bending, walking and standing. Must be able to occasionally lift loads of 50 pounds without assistance and the ability to sit, talk, and hear is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.