Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Positions are available for the following:
- Housekeeping / Custodial
- Operations Conversion / Setup
The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center is looking for part time housekeepers to help us provide a positive first impression of the CCCC and Municipal Auditorium.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Provide a positive first impression by offering world class service
• Responsible for providing a clean and safe facility before, during and after all events
• Safely operates and maintains all types of cleaning machinery and equipment (training provided)
• Clean and maintain all restrooms and replenish supplies as needed
• Performs a variety of cleaning / maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, shampooing, dusting, polishing, trash disposal and window cleaning
• Clean all surfaces including glass, furniture, fixtures, etc.
• Responsible for picking up trash and emptying trash and recycling receptacles
• Help assure the health, safety and security of co-workers and guests by following all safety policies and procedures
CONVERSION CREW / OPERATIONS (PT)
Operations Conversion team members are responsible for setting up the venue for the various events that enter the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center and maintaining the facility through the duration of the event as scheduled.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Execute logistical operations and setup/strike for all events in the facility
• Setting chairs, tables, desk and general furniture
• Erecting pipe and drapes, table linen and skirts
• Building and removing stages, sport flooring and dance floors
• Laying and removing carpet
• Following blueprints to set events that are provided by the facility
General janitorial duties include but are not limited to:
• Mopping, dusting, washing walls, cleaning furniture, removing rubbish, sweeping, emptying trash bins, window washing (inside and out), vacuuming, and cleaning restrooms.
Possible outdoor duties include, but are not limited to:
• Trash pick-up, weed eating, mowing, fixing mulch, general landscaping, shoveling snow and laying salt when the weather permits
Requirements for Operations Positions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Safety Conscious
• Ability to perform long periods of physical activity (standing, walking, etc.)
• Frequently will be required to perform heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Operate hand sweeper for sweeping, roads, parking areas, etc.
• Use radios/phones to communicate with supervisors
• Operate law maintenance equipment such as mowers, edger’s, trimmers, etc.
• Rake and remove leaves and other natural debris
• Mulch and treat plants, shrubs, and trees
• Provide hand and equipment snow removal as needed
• Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisors
• Have the ability to work a nontraditional work week and perform overtime duties as requires
• Excellent public relations, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service are a high priority
• Must be a team player; has the ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
• Must be able to do the following for an extended period of time: stoop, kneel, reach, lift and walk
• Performs timely completion and accuracy of all work
• Must have the ability to adhere to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Uniform Requirements for all positions:
Black shoes and socks are preferable
Black undershirts are preferable
A uniform collared shirt with logo will be provided by the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center.
Operations Team members are not allowed to wear any of the following:
Jeans or any other color pants
Hats of all types including, but not limited to
Ballcaps, durags, beanies, bandanas, fedoras, cowboy hats, etc.
No gang related paraphernalia
No jackets are to be worn covering the uniform top inside the building
Warm garment’s or weather-related clothing may be worn when performing duties as they pertain to the outside of the building and surrounding landscape.
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Must have a valid email address
- Detail oriented
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds without accommodation
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at the knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any directions.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one worksite to the other.
- Pushing: Using upper body to press against something with steady force in order to move forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper body to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from lower to higher and horizontally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. This position may be exposed to high noise levels, variable temperatures (often cold) and confined spaces.
This is a great opportunity for energetic individuals to to work in an ever-changing event environment and to supplement current income since the event schedule can be somewhat irregular, as many events take place in the evenings or outside of regular business hours. Applicant must be able to work traditional hours in addition to nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Must have a valid email address
- Must be neat in appearance, have good communication skills and be a team player.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.