The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center is looking for irregular part time housekeepers to help us provide a positive first impression of the CCCC and Municipal Auditorium.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Provide a positive first impression by offering world class service
• Responsible for providing a clean and safe facility before, during and after all events
• Safely operates and maintains all types of cleaning machinery and equipment (training provided)
• Clean and maintain all restrooms and replenish supplies as needed
• Performs a variety of cleaning / maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, shampooing, dusting, polishing, trash disposal and window cleaning
• Clean all surfaces including glass, furniture, fixtures, etc.
• Responsible for picking up trash and emptying trash and recycling receptacles
• Help assure the health, safety and security of co-workers and guests by following all safety policies and procedures
Skills and abilities:
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Good verbal and interpersonal skills
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Ability to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff
• Must have a valid email address
• Detail oriented
• Ability to lift 25-50 pounds without accommodation
• Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending at the waist.
• Kneeling: Bending legs at the knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
• Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
• Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any directions.
• Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
• Walking: Moving on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one worksite to the other.
• Pushing: Using upper body to press against something with steady force in order to move forward, downward or outward.
• Pulling: Using upper body to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
• Lifting: Raising objects from lower to higher and horizontally
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions. This position may be exposed to high noise levels, variable temperatures (often cold) and confined spaces.
This is a great opportunity for energetic individuals to to work in an ever-changing event environment and to supplement current income since the event schedule can be somewhat irregular, as many events take place in the evenings or outside of regular business hours. Applicant must be able to work traditional hours in addition to nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Must have a valid email address
Must be neat in appearance, have good communication skills and be a team player.