Interested in working with a dynamic, growing company? Are you organized, enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to work as part of a team? Do you love cheese?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then read on.
Owned by the Giacomini family Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company (PRFC) is known for its award-winning artisan cheese produced right on the farm where the cows are raised. PRFC offers a truly unique work environment -- and one where the employees work hard, have fun and enjoy a lot of very special (and delicious) benefits.
This is a full-time position that rotates between our Point Reyes Corporate office and production facility located in Petaluma, CA.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing administrative human resources related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director of Human Resources in supporting the organization and its mission. This position carries out administrative responsibilities supporting the departments and employees of the organization by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and PRFC policies and procedures.
As the Office Manager you will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures at Payran, to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. You will be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and task delegation.
HOW WE ARE PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
At Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented additional processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized daily.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing employees additional paid time off and adhere to all state and federal time off leaves for a confirmed case of COVID-19.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Human Resources Functions
• Assists with recruiting, coordination of interviews and the interview process.
• Tracks status of candidates and responds with follow-up at the end of the recruiting process.
• Performs onboarding duties for new employees including benefits enrollment.
• Maintains paper and electronic files for all HR related forms and information.
• Deals with personal and confidential personnel issues directly and indirectly and handles sensitive subjects with professionalism.
• Maintains a working knowledge of company policies and procedures and is able to explain when needed with assistance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Office Managerial Functions
• Assisting guests and vendors who come to the office, ensuring all visitors comply with PRFC’s security procedures for checking in.
• Orders supplies, office equipment, and coordinates maintenance schedules with IT and equipment vendors as needed.
• Assist in planning company events, meetings, luncheons, and employee team building activities or special projects as needed.
• Coordination of inter-office mail transfers.
• Provide support to reception and customer service team as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• SPANISH PROFFICIENY REQUIRED (SPOKEN AND WRITTEN)
• Customer Service – must provide excellent customer service internally and externally (current team members and outside future team members)
• Problem Solving-the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal Skills-the individual maintains confidentiality and remains open to others’ ideas. Must be able to communicate (verbal and written) effectively, both internally and externally.
• Quality Control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability-the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Customer Service – provides excellent, friendly, and expedient service to colleagues, guests, and vendors.
• Two years of human resources experience
• Proficient in MS Office suite
• HR Certification a plus
Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Full benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, EAP, FSA, and 401K with company match.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please send resume in PDF format only and include salary requirements. No Phone Calls Please.