As a Clinical Business Analyst, you will:
• Collaborate as part of the team in defining and executing client needs during the Discovery phase as it relates to Solution Design of our technology
• Manage the entire process across cross functional teams, including the client, and ultimately ensure actionable outputs are delivered to inform design/configuration
• Contribute and collaborate with the team in activities such as program and intervention design, process & workflow development, and other duties as assigned
A Day in the Life:
• Engage in the development of processes, procedures, workflows, and other supporting documentation across the organizations operating pillars
• Collaborates with Navvis teams such as IT, Product, Networks, Operations, & Solution on all phases of Solution development, implementation and ongoing maintenance.
• Assist in measurement and review of processes to identify opportunities for improvement
• Perform Navvis Solution testing and validation in conjunction with IT & Product teams.
• Work with Solution Strategy team to configure Navvis Solution processes and workflows within Coreo Platform
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
• You have gathered client information and have successfully applied care models per the Navvis Solution
• You have taken a proactive approach to problem-solving and have the ability to anticipate future needs
• You have taken a flexible and adaptable approach when handling a changing and growing workflow
• You have built positive and professional working relationships internally, externally and at all levels of an organization
• Ability to incorporate technology, people, and process constructs into operational solution development
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Active or inactive RN License
• Must have at least five years of experience in healthcare. Population Management/Care Management experience preferred.
• Five or more years of related experience in project management, analysis and/or process improvement required
• Expertise in process design and development including use of workflow tools such as MS Visio.
• Proficiency across MS Word, PPT, Excel, etc.
• Value Stream Mapping
• Expertise in business requirement gathering, process mapping, GAP analysis, and using technology such as MS Office suite and project management and process improvement tools
• Flexibility: You will need to be open and willing to adapt to rapid change in deliverables, tasks, and focus areas.
• Strong organizational skills: This position requires someone that can create and maintain well organized document & process repositories.
• Interpersonal skills: This position must be able to communicate and work effectively and collaborate with many people internally and/or external partners.
• Process Oriented Thinking: This position must be able to understand and consolidate input from various sources to create well designed workflows
• Experience in documenting processes, procedures, and workflows in support of enterprise operations