Tasked with investigating, sourcing, and developing solutions to issues throughout Operations, the Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible in leading projects that contribute towards improving manufacturing efficiencies by utilising lean manufacturing & continuous improvement techniques.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for reviewing and optimizing all processes in the Deerland Operations group. The Continuous Improvement Engineer will be the leader for all Lean Manufacturing initiatives in Operations including OEE metrics, Kaizen events and project management/implementation of solutions.
Process Optimization / Lean Manufacturing
• Strategically implement lean manufacturing solutions to continually improve Operational efficiency and safety.
• Lead Continuous Improvement/Kaizen efforts with Deerland with focus processes that encourage operator feedback and decision making.
• Implement processes that will reduce waste and minimize change over times in all manufacturing departments.
• Design, source and implement solutions to improve productivity in all manufacturing departments.
• Improve OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) by collecting and interpreting data collected from Vorne system.
• Ensure appropriate validations are completed as part of solution implementation.
Downtime Loss Analysis and Reduction
• Start-up & Changeovers downtime improvement
• Equipment failure (Structured failure analysis 5W's, Fishbone analysis)
• Participate in site safety program using OSHA guidelines.
• Plan and Project Manage Capital Expenditure projects within budget.
• Oversee all IQ/OQ/PQ needs on installed equipment.
• Lead Management of Change process for new equipment installations and process changes.
• Minimum – Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• Preferred – Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 7 years of manufacturing experience preferably in a GMP environment.
• Process Improvement - Proven application of Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and 6 sigma methodologies.
• Leadership Skills – Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to direct, organize and motivate a cross functional team.
• Communication Skills – Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Must be able to write simple correspondence. Must be able to effectively present information to other employees.
• Mathematical Skills – Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
• Reasoning Ability – Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Must have the ability to handle problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
• Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the major accountabilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 75 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to focus depending on the situation.
• Mechanical Aptitude – Employee must be able to learn to operate, maintain and adjust assigned equipment.
• Dependability – Employee must arrive on time for assigned shift. Must have a valid drivers license.
• Forklift Training – Must be able to learn how to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
• Respirator Use – Employee must be able to wear a respirator depending on the situation.
• Adaptable - Ability to learn new technologies quickly and implement when applicable.