Mental Health Connecticut is a statewide not-for-profit agency that provides direct services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, presents workshops about mental health, and mounts reform efforts to help shape state policies and laws.
MHC has an immediate full-time opening (Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, with flexibility as needed) for a statewide Education and Development Trainer whose main office would be located within the Waterbury area. The Education and Development Trainer will be responsible for assisting the Chief Experience Officer and Clinical Coordinator in the development of trainings to be presented to both internal and external learners statewide. The Education and Development Trainer will effectively design and deliver the content of the training materials to learners from both inside and outside of the organization.
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 annual salaried position based on experience. MHC offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical (Current employee coverage 80% paid for by MHC)
- Voluntary Vision & Short Term Disability insurance
- Long Term Disability insurance fully paid for by MHC
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (company match is $.50 for every dollar contributed, up to 6%)
- Paid time off (Paid holidays, vacation time, personal time, floating holiday time, sick time)
The Education and Development Trainer responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of the curriculum for both new and existing course topics.
- Ability to understand and apply various effective teaching methodologies and tools.
- Able to keep abreast of new techniques and industry trends.
- Experience in designing material using existing style guides and software used by the agency, but have experience and knowledge with other platforms and creative technology solutions.
- Facilitate, live in-person and/or virtually, the instruction of course material, on varying topics, to new and existing MHC employees upon hire, quarterly, bi-annually, and annually, based upon the centralized training schedule.
- Facilitate, live in-person and or virtually, the instruction of course material, based on varying mental health and self-care topics, to outside companies and organizations.
- Act in conjunction with to the Clinical Coordinator in the facilitation of the Motivational Interviewing (MI), Person-Centered Planning (PCP), the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) non-violent crisis intervention trainings, and other trainings as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Represent the organization at both internal and external training opportunities in a professional manner.
- Collaborate with the Training and Education Administrator to maintain accurate and updated attendance records.
- Monitor employee response to training and identify when a staff person needs more support in a training area or topic.
- Revise content and adjust delivery method in response to training feedback results.
- Coordinate and lead individualized supplemental training.
- Complete projects accurately and on time, exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize; use time efficiently; plan for additional resources; develop realistic action plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in psychology, social science or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Experience as a trainer/instructor/presenter with adult learners.
- Bilingual in English and American Sign Language (ASL) strongly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid CT driver's license and auto registration and insurance.
You are the ideal candidate if you are:
- A great teacher: You are able to clearly and concisely deliver new information in a new and innovative way. You enjoy teaching others how to do new things.
- A great communicator: You are clear, confident and culturally sensitive in your communication style.
- A strong collaborator: You are great at building relationships and are someone whom everyone enjoys working with.
- A self-starter: Whether that’s writing course content, scheduling a training session or developing relationships, you are motivated to get things done quickly and efficiently.
- A quick learner: You can take the outlines of a problem, get yourself up to speed on the content by synthesizing large amounts of material and collaborating with subject matter experts, and come up with training solutions.
- High energy: Your energy and positivity are infectious and fueled by interpersonal interactions.
- An out of the box thinker: You like to think differently, unconventionally, or from a new perspective.
- Exceptionally organized: You know that training involves many moving pieces and know how to keep track of them all without fail.
- Flexible: You can juggle multiple priorities and thrive when faced with ambiguity and rapid change.
- Passionate about our mission: You are looking to join a mission-driven team and culture and are willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
Mental Health Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
No phone calls please