Catania Oils is a family owned business that has been around for over 100 years and through 4 generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic and environmentally responsible manner.
This Position has overall responsibility of the proper operation of machine equipment while achieving company operations equipment effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Ability to read work orders and order appropriate supplies based on lot number and location.
2. Communicates with forklift drivers to bring supplies to line
3. Verifies that supplies are correct (i.e. caps, bottles, cases, labels, etc.).
4. Verifies the desired rate is being run for each bottle size.
5. Stays abreast of current overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and actively participates in effectiveness of production line.
6. Ability to run and change over each unit of operation effective:
d. Case Packer
e. Bottle Supply
g. Rail Set-Up
7. Maintains accurate paperwork in a timely manner.
8. Performs and documents regular quality checks.
9. Keeps area safe and clean throughout the shift, clean as you go
10. Trains new employees when required
11. Adheres to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
12. All other duties assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
• Written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• One year of manufacturing experience, food related a plus
• Good mechanical troubleshooting skills a must
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to multitask
• Minimum High school diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, and GMP’s in a food manufacturing environment a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer