The IT Manager is responsible for ensuring Deerland’s validated system environment is secure and functioning properly and with current guidelines to meet the increasing demands of the business. The IT Manager will partner with the various departments to utilize all software to the fullest and continue to explore enhanced functionality to meet the changing demands of the business. As a Ross Super user, the IT Manager will develop training and support programs for all employees related to the ERP system. The IT Manager will also manage the efforts of third-party IT consultants to handle all business needs.
• Maintain and develop the company’s IT hardware and software infrastructure to ensure key business strategies and process are supported by systems which enable growth, efficiency, and flexibility.
• Manage security of IT infrastructure data assets and overall cybersecurity, overseeing programs for proactive vulnerability scanning, system breach attempts monitoring, routine data backup and storage, password strength evaluation, and physical security of IT assets.
• Collaborate with IT leadership at other Deerland locations (Forsyth, MO and Hundested, Denmark) on enterprise-wide IT issues and identification of opportunities for harmonization of disparate systems, where appropriate.
• Partner with department heads and other managers to continuously evaluate the organization’s technology use and evolving needs and recommend solutions, including both upgrades to existing software and hardware and new offerings.
• Evaluate proposals for IT hardware and software proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
• Serve as the company’s primary contact with Aptean, the software provider of the Ross ERP system. Work with Aptean to handle support tickets, install patches, or service packs as needed.
• Serve as a Ross Super User and develop training programs to elevate the knowledge and competency of internal Ross users. Develop and Maintain Ross User Guides.
• Manage Ross Security User setup and access, including electronic signatures, new hire setup, and removal of access for terminated employees.
• Maintain on-call help desk to address hardware and software service requests from internal users.
• Develop and Maintain IT department Standard Operating Procedures.
• Create and maintain system validation paperwork.
• Stay abreast of advances in technology and propose new IT solutions which will improve the efficiency of company operations.
• Create reports as needed for Departments in the appropriate application.
• Coordinate with third party providers related to system back-ups, websites, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or Programming
• Preferred 5+ years’ experience with Ross, SAP, or similar ERP system
• Project and third-party IT vendor management experience
• Experience with SQL databases
• Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
• 5+ years’ experience developing and implementing IT strategies that ensure business needs are supported effectively.
• Computer skills – demonstrated proficiency with Ross or similar ERP; sound working knowledge of other IT Systems, and practical knowledge of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Very methodical and accurate, displaying strong desire for high quality, with high attention to detail
• Superior analytical and critical thinking skills – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Interpersonal skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; Demonstrates ability to work successfully in a cross functional matrix.
• Strong organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
• Communication - Ability to clearly and informatively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives and is results driven with a strong work ethic; Develops realistic action plans.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependable – Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.