About the Role:
- Manage and maintain preconstruction team capacity and work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Organize and delegate responsibilities for each project pursuit and ensure responsibilities and deadlines are clearly communicated to assigned team members.
- Prepare, coordinate, and present profit strategy to Director of Preconstruction.
- Participate in and provide opportunities to direct reports to engage in continuing education
- Ensure estimates, risk mitigation, and consistency have been met.??
- Mentor and conduct monthly check-ins with direct reports
- Ongoing coordination with other Senior Preconstruction Managers regarding department capacity, internal processes and procedures, and strategic planning.
- Execute preconstruction activities within each phase of assigned projects.
- Conduct annual performance reviews, make recommendations for promotions/demotions, salary adjustments and career growth of direct reports.
- Oversee preconstruction/estimating efforts and effectively lead project team and foster solutions.
- Provide preconstruction services for projects ranging up to $100M.
- Develop and maintain relationships with owners, developers, owner representatives, designers, subcontractors and vendors.
- Support the RFP and RFQ response processes.
- Solicit pricing proposals from subcontractors and vendors.
- Management of design build/assist projects including estimating of design milestones, value engineering, constructability, schedule review, managing design/build subcontractors, maintaining and identifying long lead items.
- Prepare estimates for all stages of design from conceptual through final construction documents (design/build, guaranteed maximum price and hard bid diversity) with input, assistance and review from project management and field staff.
- Responsible for project hand-off to project management, field staff, and accounting.
- Assist project managers with project buyout.
- Mentor preconstruction manager on all aspects of the preconstruction process.
- Assist with developing and maintaining estimating software.
- Manage the input of all costs during the bid analysis process.
- Organize team so each supporting individual involved knows responsibilities and deadlines.
- Manage preconstruction support personnel (i.e. preconstruction manager, assistant preconstruction manager) when assigned to your project.
- Demonstrate presentation and sales skills while assisting and serving on RFP/interview teams.
We're looking for a seasoned construction professional with 10+ years of related experience in the construction industry. Our ideal candidate possesses Possessing a depth of knowledge and prior experience leading and guiding a Preconstruction team. You’re a go-getter who takes responsibility for the overall preconstruction/estimating effort for each assigned project while knowing when to delegate and mentor junior team members. Your expert abilities in preparation of estimates, quantity take-offs, creation of conceptual budgets, and pricing analysis and negotiations in a cross-functional and highly collaborative manner are key qualities.
Well-qualified candidates have:
- Extensive knowledge of commercial, medical, multi-family, design/build, and design/assist construction projects
- Prior experience as primary preconstruction lead on at least 10 projects with budgets of at least $30M.
- Ability to consistently deliver projects with budgets between $30-$60M with minimal supervision.
- Prior supervisory role within preconstruction department, including 2-4 direct reports, acting with minimal oversight.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Analytical skills and mathematical aptitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness
- Proven leadership, organizational and time management skills
- Team-oriented mentality and desire to collaborate across departments
- Proficiency with Bluebeam, On-Screen Takeoff, Sage Timberline Estimating, MS Word, Excel and Project
- Experience with CMiC a plus
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record, per company policy.
Minimum Base Salary: $100,000 and pay is commensurate on technical skills and experience
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee-owned company with projects spanning the entire Front Range. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of industry accolades such as Best Commercial Builder Runner-Up, Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and innumerable project-based awards, including Best Adaptive Reuse Project for The Exchange and Best Building Project for the Eating Recovery Center.
Our Core Values:
At Brinkman Construction, we’re Driven to Build, and our core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission.
Honest and Ethical
We are committed to attracting creative, collaborative construction professionals who exemplify our core values, our culture and are empowered to contribute to - and benefit from - the growth and success of the organization.
Our Value Proposition:
Brinkman Construction employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, spot-bonuses and our acclaimed Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), alongside flexible benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k) match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave and deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play through our Volunteer Time Off and Brinkman Gives programs.
Brinkman Construction is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision making for future success.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman Construction.