The Survey Crew Chief is responsible for supervising a field crew (either a one or two-person crew) in the performance of surveys including boundary and topographic surveys, physical feature and utility location surveys, and for construction stakeout. Responsibilities include providing direction to survey technicians; planning field survey activities, procedures, and methods for survey projects; making and reviewing survey calculations; developing field survey sketches; preparing, recording and reviewing survey field data.; and checking plans against field conditions for inconsistencies. As a Survey Party Chief, you are required to apply considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of field surveying including the uses and capabilities of survey instruments and the principles of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry as used in field survey operations and activities.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in field surveying, utilizing Robotic Total Stations, data collectors and GPS equipment. (Trimble equipment and software preferred)
• Individual must possess good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast pace work environment.
• Flexibility to change and/or perform simultaneous tasks.
• Must be willing and able to travel to project sites, client’s offices and other G&A offices to complete work, as required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Perform topographic, boundary, existing conditions, environmental and related surveys.
• Calculations for and performance of construction layout plus as-built surveys.
• Have strong math skills and perform field calculations and sketching.
• Supervision of and responsibility for safety of survey crew members.
• Work with appropriate G&A Staff to understand the scope of work, schedule, budget, and other project instructions and responsibilities.
• Follow G&A Quality Assurance procedures.
• Knowledge of field survey operations, engineering and construction industry
• Ability to meet project deadlines within budget
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to take and apply direction
• Perform checks to ensure the accuracy of the work performed
• Perform equipment checks on a regular basis
Essential Position Requirements:
• Have the ability and desire to expand your skillsets and adapt to new technologies and procedures.
• Work in various weather conditions.
• A can-do attitude and willingness to work overtime.
• Be highly proficient with field coding to be used for field to finish.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record.
• Able to pass company required (and project specific) background checks and drug tests.
We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.