About the Role
As a Technical Support Analyst, you will work with the Engineering, Operations, and Support Teams to help our customers have a seamless and enjoyable experience with our company -- from ordering a Tovala Smart Oven, to cooking a delicious Tovala Meal in their home, educating and troubleshooting anything in between. You will triage, assess, fix, or escalate technical platform issues from customer inquiries and ensure they are addressed in a timely, appropriate, and accurate manner. You will also provide vital insights to the engineering, product, and operations team to help improve our products and services. You will work heavily with the Engineering Team to understand how the technology at Tovala works and work closely with them to resolve customer issues big and small.
We continue to shape our service and build our brand, and customer support is an essential piece of that. As a Technical Support Analyst, you will have the option of working remotely and also the chance to come into the office to collaborate with the team. You will provide support during typical M-F business hours, but may also be needed on the occasional evening or weekend. (Note: During Covid-19, this role has transitioned entirely to a remote, online position, including training. We hope, when appropriate, to move back to the optional remote position, but for the foreseeable future this position will remain entirely remote.)
Your responsibilities will include:
• Act as a communication bridge between the Support Team and Engineering Team.
• Answer questions and resolve technical issues in real-time via Slack for the Support Team.
• Speak with customers as needed to further investigate or solve their issue.
• Provide the Engineering Team with an analysis of reported issues to identify root cause and scope.
• Maintain internal and external technical documentation to keep it up-to-date, accurate, and useful.
• Use Zendesk, JIRA and other CRM software to maintain records of interactions.
• Use technical monitoring tools like Scalyr (API logs) and FullStory (mobile app session tracking) to investigate customer issues.
• Have fun! We want our customers to feel like they are truly a part of the Tovala family. A family that supports, solves problems, educates, and celebrates together, while sharing the goodness of eating better.
• 3 years technical troubleshooting experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• You are extremely responsive and patient
• You have some coding experience and you’re interested in learning more
• Masterful problem-solving skills – identifying the root cause and fixing it
• Comfortable digging into a variety of technical systems and databases
• Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally – we are a fast-growing, quick-paced (and always changing) company!
• A great sense of humor and a team player
• You are available to work extended business hours and weekend shifts on occasion
• Bonus: Experience with Android and IOS Dev Tools