For over 140 years, UCFS has embraced life and faced challenges that were a reflection of the community we serve. We continue to focus our resources on areas of greatest need; build partnerships when demand is beyond our capacity to fulfill alone and have had a lasting impact on thousands of lives that entrust us to provide quality and compassionate care. UCFS is a nonprofit with the mission to be Eastern CT’s best choice for patient-centered health care. Joining UCFS means you will be part of the premier community-based organization with dedicated to providing health and human services to individuals and families. You will be part of a group of dedicated professionals committed to improving the health and well-being of the community.
UCFS is looking for a per diem Medical Assistant to join our team of dedicated medical providers at our Norwich Health Center. The Medical Assistant assists the Adult Care Clinician with preparation of patients for examinations; performs assigned procedures; collects and documents patient care information (vital signs, height, weight, hemoglobin, etc.); processes information needed for WIC re-certification, DPH lead reports; maintains clinical area based on infection control standards and patient flow expectations; as well as maintaining and sustaining a consistent line of communication with primary care clinicians and patients. This position is available for new or experienced medical assistants; requires a current CMA certification, an obligation to obtain certification within 6 months of hire, or 5 years of experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Prepares the patient for examination: escorts patient to the room; obtains and records assessment information; performs screening tests/procedures; prepares specimens for transport. Adheres to universal precautions and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures clean and stocked exam rooms; maintains inventory of supplies. Perform quality control/improvement activities as assigned; operate and maintain equipment per manufacture instructions.
- Paperwork/Forms: Ensure that forms/flow sheets are in record as may be needed by Clinician; complete paperwork required for WIC re-certification, and immunization data required by Department of Public Health. Fax medication renewals to pharmacies.
- May work side-by-side with Provider as a scribe to chart and enter notes into EHR system during visits.
- Coordination of care: Demonstrate customer service in responding to patient needs. Contact patients as instructed regarding missed appointments, test results. Schedules appointments for outside tests (X-ray, MRI, CT etc.) as ordered by the physician. Coordinate outside referrals as ordered by the physician (VNA, Specialist, Protective Services, etc.).
- Demonstrate flexibility in work schedule to provide most efficient and effective support for patients and clinicians. Maintain and sustain line of communication with clinicians, office support staff and patients.