Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability- TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact- TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards- TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Middle Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit sharing match to go along with your contributions.
The Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for the timely verification of medical insurance benefits. Day-to-day activities may include all or some of the essential functions listed below depending upon individual experience / knowledge and the needs of the organization which are subject to change from time to time.
This position will be located at a TOA facility, but may be work from home flexible at some point.
- Utilizes the Workflow Daily Appointment Report for your site as a primary source for insurance verification and determining insurance compatibility with TOA’s managed care plans.
- Adhere to best practices standards in performing day-to-day follow-up tasks. This includes following procedures outlined in the “VOI Training/Procedure Manual”.
- Place phone calls to patients, patient’s family/significant other, insurance companies, and facility personnel in an attempt to acquire information necessary to verify.
- Responsible to resolves any issues with coverage, referrals, precertification and escalate complicated issues to the immediate manager. Also must have a basic knowledge and understanding of what a referral and an authorization are.
- Enters and ensures information in the insurance fields is correct to its entirety. If incorrect, information in the system must be updated appropriately. This includes moving any VOB’S, authorizations and clinical referrals. If encounters were billed incorrectly to a now corrected insurance, you must email collections so claims can be rebilled if needed.
- Familiar with a variety of the facility concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.