Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
• In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
• In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
• That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
• That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
• That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
· Provide individual and group therapy; services provided in various offices and virtually.
· Maintain a healthy caseload of clients according to grant and programmatic requirements
· Conduct client intakes and safety planning, assess client needs, and develop individualized service and treatment plans;
· Provide clinical recommendations and advocacy in the best interests of the client;
· Provide regularly scheduled clinical supervision to other Ayuda clinician(s) and/or social work interns
· Document services provided and collect and maintain required information for specific funding reporting;
Supervisory and programmatic
· Monitors and ensures that the clinical team delivers high-quality care that is consistent with staff needs and strengths, accreditation standards, licensing requirements
· Work with clinical staff and director to ensure that clinical services meet/exceed targeted fiscal goals and program outcomes.
· Ensure, coordinate, and facilitate clinical supervision and consultation of therapists;
· Work with the clinical team and other members of the social services team to capitalize and enhance the clinical staff’s expertise to provide specialized trainings both for Ayuda staff and external stakeholders, partners, and community at large
· Provide supervision to Social Work Interns
· Collaborate across Ayuda’s agencies, including development, language access, and legal department to provide holistic services to clients;
· Ensure Ayuda representation at local coalition meetings and participate in advocacy initiatives.
· Completes duties as assigned by Director of Social Services to meet the demands facing immigrant communities.
· Coordinate with director of social services and grants director to comply with data quality, collection, and analysis in order to meet grant requirements
· Participates as an active leader of Ayuda at large, grants and reporting tasks may be assigned according to capacity and relevance
Master’s degree or higher in the social services related field (Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, etc.) and a license (LCSW, LPC, LMFT, or alike) in the District of Columbia, Virginia, and/or Maryland
Experience providing supervision
Experience working with immigrant survivors of trauma preferred
Fluent in English and Spanish;
Knowledge of social services within the DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia area, specifically those for immigrants preferred;
Desire to work with interdisciplinary team in representing the best interest of client;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Outstanding interpersonal skills;
Excellent time-management and organizational skills;
Adaptable to shifting priorities and working in different offices;
Demonstrated capacity to work independently and collaboratively
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. [This position is exempt for overtime purposes]
Please apply with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. We welcome questions and inquiries about the position. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries about the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We believe that a diversity of experiences, opinions, and backgrounds is integral to achieving our mission and vision. We celebrate diversity and seek to leverage the passion, energy, and ideas of a culturally diverse team.