The Front Desk Agent serves as telephone reservations operator and as desk agent. The Front Desk Agent greets and welcomes guests to The Cook Hotel and helps create an enjoyable experience at the hotel.
• A high school degree or equivalent is required.
• A college degree in applicable field: management, operations, communications, hospitality, marketing, or business is preferred.
• 1-2 years working in a hotel/resort, or an office environment within the hospitality, communications, or related University experience preferred
• Requires a flexible schedule, including the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Oral/written communication skills.
• Organization skills.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Stress Management/Composure.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.