As a Sr Data Engineer, you will:
• Ensure secure, highly available and highly performant data ingestion and data management solutions for sensitive healthcare data.
• Design automated data engineering solutions to create extracts, cleanse data, load data stores, data lakes, data warehouse and other analytical solutions.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to teammates in the design and development of quality data structures and highly performant, fully automated healthcare data solutions.
• Help manage day to day operational activities, accurately track data and ensure logging and audit traceability.
• Champion consistency, organization and standards.
• Be a thought leader in migrating our existing data tier to Azure Cloud technology in a cost effective, common sense oriented iterative approach.
A Day in the Life:
• Work extensively in SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), T-SQL and stored procedures
• Be a thought leader in successful migrations of legacy SSIS, T-SQL and stored procedures to innovative Azure native data technology solutions
• Champion the automation of manual processes
• Architect, implement and support data solutions that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information with the needs of the end customer always in view
• Build fully automated ETL processes to ingest data from various data sources and load that data into well-formed and well managed data stores and analytical solutions
• Develop a deep understanding of varying data sources and know exactly how, when and which data to use to tackle particular business problems
• Troubleshoot and enhance existing database schemas to optimize performance
• Embrace prototyping and iterative design and development
• Develop reliable, scalable, functional, high performing, highly configurable, metadata driven data processing solutions that take advantage of repeatable design patterns
• Implement business metric aggregation, data warehousing and querying, schema and data management, and related duties
• Contribute to establishing and operating data quality assurance processes
• Continuously evaluate our processes, reports, dashboards, and tools to identify opportunities to improve, enhance, and automate existing and new deliverables
• Maintaining, organizing and identifying trends in large data sets
• Work with business stakeholders to understand requirements, translate them into technical requirements, plan delivery commitments and successfully drive to delivery
• Proficiency in creating process documentation, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively on teams - or lead a team - of data engineers on projects to ensure timely, accurate and performant data solutions
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
• Role requires strong experience in database design, data validation, data quality management and complex data formats.
• We are looking for someone with a proven track record.
• Champion automating manual processes including processing of complex data sets
• Implement innovative solutions and experience or a strong desire to invest in Microsoft Azure cloud data technologies.
• Consistently champion standards, consistency, quality, automation, innovation, simplicity, documentation and common sense.
• Steady, stable, consistent improvement in quality, performance and standards of our data processing solutions over time
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• Extensive experience with SSIS and strong T-SQL skills
• Experience with Healthcare information file formats such as HL7, CCLF, EDI and/or advanced formats like XML and JSON a huge plus
• Experience in Business Intelligence technologies such as, but not limited to:
o SSRS, Excel Pivot Tables, Power BI, Power Query
o Azure SQL Services , Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, Spark, Data Bricks
o SSAS, DAX, PowerShell
• 6 years of experience with SSIS
• 6 years of experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures
• 4 years of experience with SSIS Catalog and Project Deployment Model skills, Source Control and solid SDLC practices
• 4 years of experience with S-FTP, ZIP and other file compression techniques, PGP Encryption, File Folder structure and management
• 4 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization
• 2 years of experience with securely processing HIPAA or equivalent sensitive data in compliant data stores
• Experience with FHIR and/or other API driven data interfaces a huge plus
• Experience implementing Microsoft Azure cloud, Server based and Serverless database solutions
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Confident team player with a strong drive to mentor best practices and technical skills
• Good time-management skills and comfortable working with team members in multiple time zones
• Ability to manage multiple and competing projects/priorities
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
• Experience and interest in additional technologies such as C#, Python, graph databases, data lakes and data warehousing a huge plus