As a Sr Database Administrator, you will:
• Manage security, implementation, configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server and Azure database solutions designed to manage and protect sensitive data. Includes database security and database backups; general data security implementation; configuration, maintenance and performance of critical SQL Server and Azure database solutions designed to manage and protect sensitive data.
• Ensure high availability and consistent performance of the data tier supporting various corporate applications.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to teammates in the design of quality data structures and performance tuning data logic. Participate in the development of new automated cutting-edge population health data solutions to support data processing and analytics.
• Be a thought leader in migrating our existing data tier to Azure Cloud technology in a cost effective, common sense oriented iterative approach.
A Day in the Life:
• Configure and maintain database servers, processes, storage and backups
• Manage SQL Server databases, SQL Agent, SSIS Catalog, hosting and automation systems
• Monitor systems’ health and performance
• Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
• Manage SQL Server backups, storage, free disk space, partitions and compression
• Maintain SQL Server Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Always On Availability Groups
• Active participation in migration to Azure cloud-based solutions
• Analyze, solve and correct issues in real time
• Assist developers with T-SQL, stored procedure and SSIS performance tuning and schema refinement
• Refine and automate processes, track issues, and document changes
• Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
• Some Data Engineering development and deployment experience using SSIS, SSRS and Power BI
• Creating ERD diagrams, participation in maintaining Data Dictionary
• Active participation in iterative improvement to SDLC
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
• Ensure database and data security, database backups and data organization.
• Consistently champion for standards, consistency, quality, automation, innovation, simplicity, documentation and common sense.
• Steady, stable, consistent improvement in quality, performance and standards of the data tier over time
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• Extensive experience with SSIS and strong T-SQL skills
• Experience with Healthcare information file formats such as HL7, CCLF, EDI and/or advanced formats like XML and JSON a huge plus
• Experience in Business Intelligence technologies such as, but not limited to:
o SSRS, Excel Pivot Tables, Power BI, Power Query
o Azure SQL Services , Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, Spark, Data Bricks
o SSAS, DAX, PowerShell
• 6 years of experience with SSIS
• 6 years of experience with SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures
• 4 years of experience with SSIS Catalog and Project Deployment Model skills, Source Control and solid SDLC practices
• 4 years of experience with S-FTP, ZIP and other file compression techniques, PGP Encryption, File Folder structure and management
• 4 years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization
• 2 years of experience with securely processing HIPAA or equivalent sensitive data in compliant data stores
• Experience with FHIR and/or other API driven data interfaces a huge plus
• Experience implementing Microsoft Azure cloud, Server based and Serverless database solutions
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Confident team player with a strong drive to mentor best practices and technical skills
• Good time-management skills and comfortable working with team members in multiple time zones
• Ability to manage multiple and competing projects/priorities
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
• Experience and interest in additional technologies such as C#, Python, graph databases, data lakes and data warehousing a huge plus