At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
Supervisor Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)Team Lead/Supervisor is hands on and heads a team of test automation engineers focused on our SaaS background screening platform. SDET Team Lead/Supervisor leads the design and implementation of the test strategy for the Asurint development teams responsible for test automation at all levels of the application. This role collaborates with developers, solution architects, and product owners to drive the test strategy and deliver high value solutions that meet established quality standards.
- Build and manage SDET/Analyst teams, including hiring, coaching, and mentoring team members.
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence, establish the testing strategy and quality metrics for quality measurement and operational excellence.
- Implement cutting-edge testing techniques and best practices for Asurint’s micro-service/cloud native platform.
- Drive continuous improvement on testing strategy to reach the best ROI and future scalability.
- Oversee the product release quality/risks and collaborate with the release management team.
- Provide regular project and quality updates to Digital Leadership.
- Ensure all testing processes are clearly documented and trained to any responsible or contributing parties.
- Promote a positive atmosphere and maintain accountability across the QA team.
- Provides technical leadership in test architecture design, and code reviews/pull requests.
- Designs and implements test frameworks for all levels of the application.
- Implements performance testing program with DevOps and Sr. Software Engineers across organization.
- Stays informed on leading technology and software engineering trends.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience writing test cases and system test plans is required.
- Test strategy and process documentation writing is required.
- Experience working on teams delivering software products in an Agile environment that practices continuous integration and continuous delivery is required.
- Experience with environments embracing BDD and TDD is required.
- Experience testing microservice applications is required.
- Experience coding in languages such as Kotlin, Java, and/or C# is required.
- Experience with version control with systems like Git with pull request workflows is required.
- Experience in relational data stores like PostgreSQL or MS SQL is required.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes is required.
- Experience with performance test processes and technologies such as Dynatrace and JMeter is required.
- Experience in leading Cloud providers like GCP, AWS, Azure or large-scale private cloud is preferred.
- Experience with full-stack web development is preferred.
- Experience with background screening and/or legal system is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent related work experience.
- Years of relevant experience: 5+ years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: minimum 2 years preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed remote or in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.