As a Data Analyst you will:
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Work with Vendor to acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
A Day in the Life:
• Lead investigations and research as needed to assure data integrity, accuracy and consistency.
• Ensure data inputs continue to update at designated times (Near Real Time and Batch).
• Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
• Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
• Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
• Other duties as needed
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
• Ability to monitor and report on the data file inputs for timeliness & completeness
• Continuously monito performance of file transfers and identify gaps or challenges
• Develop quality control plans to drive process improvements
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• 5+ years proven working experience as a data analyst in a health care setting.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc), databases (SQL etc). Proven experience with Secure File Transfers.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
• Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages and programming (XML, vb script) for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).