At Heritage Hotels & Resorts Inc, we strive to create an environment where the skills and creativity of our employees can flourish and will be recognized and rewarded. More importantly, employees at Heritage know that their work in preserving and advancing the state’s cultural heritage will benefit mankind now and in the future.
Position Purpose: The Housekeeping Supervisor will under the direction of the Regional Housekeeping Manager, maintain the quality and cleanliness of the property. The Housekeeping Supervisor is an essential support to Heritage Hotels & Resorts in creating unforgettable experiences for guests.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Housekeeping team members at designated property on shift
Essential Duties and Functions/Responsibilities/Tasks:
- Work under direction of the Regional Housekeeping Manager.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with employees, coworkers, and guests.
- Set goals for performance that coincide with Heritage's plans and vision.
- Ensure compliance with safety, legal, operations, labor, and the Heritage brand
- product and regulations policies.
- Direct team members toward accomplishing daily goals and ensuring that all hotel and resort accommodations are fully cleaned by the standard check-in time of 4:00PM.
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check outs in order to prepare work assignments.
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Report, as directed, any observed deviations to established standards.
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy.
- Support the manager with interview, hire, disciplinary, and termination actions when necessary for team members.
- Assign, train, mentor and direct team members to carry out exceptional guest experiences and foster a clean environment for guest and employees to feel engaged and valued.
- Maintain guest rooms and public areas in a clean, comfortable and saleable condition, including front of house areas.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on customer lost and found items.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
- Review occupancy levels and event levels to staff team member labor accordingly.
- Prepare and initiate on-going correct cleaning of carpets, drapes, windows and upholstery.
- Handle all guest and employee concerns with tact and follow-up.
- Review and maintain linen inventory and proper storage.
- Help the Manager implement as needed an ongoing housekeeping training program for all new housekeeping employees.
- Follow all safety and health regulations including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) protocol policies.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the functions of this position as needed at any of the properties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and prior PMS experience.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and late nights.
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more.
- Must be able to lift/push/reach for/carry 40+ pounds frequently.
- Excellent verbal communication and ability to multitask.
- 1-2 years or equivalent combination of education and experience; housekeeping or hospitality experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training, associate’s degree in Management or Hospitality Preferred.
NM Safe Certified Hotelier, Inspiring Our Communities, & Celebrating Local Artisans.
Heritage Hotels & Resorts Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.