Develops and maintains a rich user experience for The Association of Former Students website (AggieNetwork.com) to meet the online needs of the 500,000+ members of the Aggie Network.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
- Uses variety of programming languages to develop mobile-friendly web pages using modern, responsible, and accessible web design principles.
- Assists in maintenance of AggieNetwork.com.
- Designs and builds custom web page layouts and user interface elements for new and existing pages.
- Creates high quality prototypes for review and feedback.
- Optimizes new and existing pages and applications for speed and efficiency.
- Produces clean, cross-browser compatible HTML and CSS.
- Works with Marketing and Graphics Departments to ensure consistency across printed and electronic materials within the framework of The Association’s brand standards.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards including modern web browser capabilities and compatibility issues.
- Builds HTML mass emails and templates.
- Assists Applications Developers with coding and troubleshooting as needed.
- Answers calls and emails directed to AggieNetwork.com regarding customer service inquiries and user difficulties.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Manager of Web Operations.
Given: Potential supervision of student assistants.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design, User Experience Design, Information Architecture or related field.
Required: Expertise in standard office equipment.
Required: Frequent use of computer and keyboard.
Required: Thorough understanding of The Association’s purpose and goals, and its strategies for accomplishing these goals. Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to make sound and reasonable judgments on behalf of The Association and to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse audience, including internal and external customers. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required; some travel required.