DEPARTMENT: Energy Program
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Greenfield/Remote Work from Home
SUPERVISOR: Energy Client Services Manager
Provide administrative support for the Energy Department including first point of
contact for clients, administrative support, phones, and various office duties.
- High school diploma, High School Equivalency or HiSET.
- 1 year of Administrative/office experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience or
- Additional directly related experience may be substituted for education
- Administrative Assistants are responsible for providing support to the Energy programs under the direction of the Client Services Manager. Tasks may change depending on the needs of the department.
- Process client requests for the Energy Department programs with callers/walk-ins.
- Manage incoming phone calls.
- First point of contact for heating repair programs, including phones and walk-ins.
- Maintain basic knowledge of technical aspects to residential weatherization and heating systems.
- Provide production support including assigning work orders for the heating system repair and replacement program.
- Maintain basic information and resources of the other Agency programs to direct and assist clients.
- Provide computer data entry for program reporting and recordkeeping and billing.
- Maintain files for HEARTWAP and Weatherization contractors with updated contracts, licenses, and insurance certificates.
- Assist with general department duties and recordkeeping such as filing and mailings as needed.
- Responsible for data entry for client, energy, and lighting information in to various software applications specific to CAPV, utility, federal and state energy programs.
- Help organize special projects with identifying eligible clients, outreach to clients, process and schedule audits, triage walk-ins, vendor coordination, and results tracking.
- Assist in maintaining file records (electronic and paper) on all Energy programs to ensure accurate, complete, and compliant client and vendor records as required by Community Action and funding sources.
- Provide various clerical duties, such as filing, mailings, office-supply ordering, etc.
- Follow all applicable funding source policies, procedures, documentation requirements, and regulations.
- When?schedule requires remote work,?expected to be available for meetings, calls, responding to emails, and conducting regular duties.?
- Participate in professional development activities, team meetings, mandatory agency trainings and other relevant trainings.
- Attend regularly scheduled supervision meetings
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required and accept other duties assigned by the Client Services Manager and Director of Energy Programs
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.?
- Proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,) required.
- Excellent verbal (phone and in-person) and written communication skills
- Knowledge of program data processing systems.
- Basic knowledge of typical heating system components.
- Excellent organizational skills attention to detail
- Ability to learn and comply with all program regulations of the energy department.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse client base, private contractors, and a variety of funding sources.
- Understanding of data capture and tracking methods.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic diversity and the needs of individuals with low incomes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires sitting for long periods.
- Working in office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Extensive use of telephone required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
- Must be able to lift from 20 – 30 lbs.
The work environment includes indoor office environments or comparable spaces, and community spaces, with occasional exposure to outdoor weather when traveling to outreach or meeting sites. The noise level varies by site.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of Criminal Offender Record check (C.O.R.I.) for hire and every three years. Evidence of a good driving record and ability to be covered under Community Action’s non-owned and hired vehicle policy.
EMPLOYEE NAME (PRINT)