TITLE: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Development and Communications
STATUS: Non-Exempt, hourly, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
DIRECT REPORTS: None
Working at All Chicago:
On an average night in 2020, nearly 5,400 people could be found on our streets and in our shelters in Chicago. Tens of thousands more are just one unexpected setback away from joining them. These are our neighbors, this is our city, and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
The Communications Coordinator is a new position and a key member of All Chicago’s growing Development and Communications team. This role holds the responsibility to lead the successful execution of multiple components of All Chicago communications and serves as an ambassador for messaging and branding throughout the organization. The Communications Coordinator provides input on the creation of strategy and plans, leads substantive projects, and has the opportunity to grow along with the department.
Communications – 90%
- Work closely with the team to create and execute communications strategies with excellence.
- Engage senior leadership to identify and capitalize on opportunities to positively highlight our work in the community.
- Lead the creation of All Chicago Annual Report, e-newsletters, website content, fliers, brochures, and other communications.
- Support all PR efforts, maintain media contact list, and draft press releases as needed.
- Lead social media initiatives and activities to grow our online presence and increase engagement.
- Manage and improve All Chicago website (Wordpress), monitoring Google Analytics metrics and serving as primary contact for website-related vendors.
- Coordinate across teams to support All Chicago research reports and briefs with editing, design, and promotion.
- Serve as an ambassador for messaging and branding at All Chicago, ensuring that All Chicago’s communications are consistent with all organization branding guidelines and messaging.
- Serve as primary liaison to graphic designers for All Chicago communications.
Administration and Other Tasks – 10%
- Develop analytical metrics and regularly monitor and report on progress towards goals.
- Represent All Chicago in a positive and responsible manner at external events and meetings.
- Actively participate in department, committee, and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Bachelors’ degree in English, communications, public relations, or marketing, or equivalent degree or experience.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in communications, public relations, or marketing, or comparable experience.
- Excellent professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and copyediting skills.
- Prior experience using social media in a professional setting.
- Prior work experience managing the production of, and writing communications materials intended for a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience with Constant Contact software or other third-party email vendor.
- Experience with Wordpress software or other content management system strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office products and comfort with technology.
- Strong work ethic and integrity. Goal-oriented and results-driven.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional presence, and ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Dedication to providing quality customer service to internal and external constituents.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, timeliness in meeting deadlines, and the ability to oversee multiple projects at a time.
- Capacity to effectively carry out instructions provided in written or oral form.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- The capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment, both internally and externally, is required. This position is required to assist other departments in order to facilitate the achievement of the All Chicago strategic goals and objectives, as appropriate.
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
- Salary is in the $43,050 - $57,120 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
- Apply online with cover letter and resume.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Position begins as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.