Are you a self-motivated and highly resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you an avid learner who is always looking to improve?
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for thirteen (13!) consecutive years. We encourage you to join our team and see why!
TOK is seeking a talented Accounts Payable Specialist who is primarily responsible for tracking and ensuring timely payment of all owner disbursements, mortgages, and vendor invoices.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely payment of owner disbursements, vendor invoices, utility invoices, miscellaneous check requests, fund transfers, and mortgage payments for our property management clients.
- Maintain mortgage payment schedule, upload mortgage statements, apply for automatic payment, and track contact information for multiple companies including lenders and financial institutions.
- Maintain owner disbursement schedule and track various payment methods.
- Understand the intent of established controls and abide by the spirit of those controls.
- Inform pertinent parties such as property management accounting, property managers, supervisors, etc. of potentially developing issues – identify and escalate priority issues.
- Prepare reports and answer questions for Property Managers, Assistants, and Property Owners.
- Process 1099’s for all properties as determined by company guidelines.
- Remain aware of any changes within property management accounts.
- Handle vendor inquiries.
- Data-entry of certain corporate accounting transactions such as corporate invoices, broker vouchers, expense reports, and monthly contractual accounts receivable.
- Perform internal audits of corporate accounting as assigned.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and 3 years accounts payable experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of standard office equipment.
- Demonstrate proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and intermediate skills in Excel.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and processes.
- Ability to problem solve and manage multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional relationships with staff while providing a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Ability to communicate concise and timely responses to requests, concerns and issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully function as a member of a team through communication while engaging in self-directed resourcefulness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all company, client, and vendor information.
- Ability to remain professional while working in stressful situations.
Essential physical abilities required:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time, occasionally move about the office to access necessary materials, and operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients and team members, as well as be able to interpret instructions and exchange accurate information.
- Must have sufficient visual and mental perception, which allows the employee to comprehend written work requirements, and determine necessary actions required to meet the finished product standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds and work in an office environment that may require walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and sitting for long periods of time.