Provide financial reporting and financial analytical services to the Agency. This position reports to the Director of Financial Reporting and also works closely with the SVP for Finance and Administration.
Essential Job Functions:
1. This position assists in the preparation of the Agency’s annual financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Also responsible for periodic financial statements and department budget to actual reporting.
2. This position is responsible for in the preparation, reconciliation, review and/or submission of various reports as required by law or contract to federal, state and local governmental entities, granting entities and contracting entities. These include but are not limited to complying with the reporting requirements of foundations and organizations supporting the Agency through grants, federal and state reporting requirements.
3. This position is responsible for the preparation, maintenance and analysis of routine monthly financial and analytical data and for developing other reports and providing other analytical data as needed or required by the Director of Financial Reporting and/or the SVP for Finance and Administration.
4. This position provides support of the preparation for the annual financial audit of the Agency. The position supports the development of the annual financial audit calendar and assists in the preparation of related financial audit workpapers. This position assists in the preparation of workpapers related to other external audits including but not limited to the Agency’s retirement plan and worker’s compensation insurance audits.
5. This position assists the Director of Financial Reporting and the SVP for Finance and Administration in the development and monitoring of the annual budget.
6. Demonstrate effective collaboration across departmental lines.
7. Other duties as assigned.
This position requires working in the Austin Central Office with daily use of the Financial Edge Accounting and Raisers Edge Fundraising systems, Paylocity payroll system and other software, specifically Microsoft Office products. There is occasional need to visit Agency locations and driving on behalf of the Finance department. This position does occasionally require working extra hours beyond the typical 8-hour workday.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, a minimum of 2 years of related experience demonstrating a working knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting as well as extensive experience in financial reporting and analysis. Strong computer skills are mandatory, particularly with Microsoft Office Excel and Word. This position requires a trustworthy individual who is able to maintain confidences in all areas related to the business and welfare information of the Agency.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.