Director, Financial Operations is responsible for planning and directing all accounting and financial operational functions which include: managing and executing the budgeting process, accumulating and analyzing financial data for internal uses and external financial reporting, evaluating accounting and finance internal control functions and leading departmental staff.
Budgeting and Financial Planning:
· Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with Executive team, VP's and Directors. Monitor all progress and changes and keep organization abreast of financial status.
· Coordinate with Executive Team to develop budget consistent with strategic plan.
· Support the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the annual budgeting and ongoing forecast processes.
· Assist the capital planning process including conducting research and analysis, validating business cases, creating financial models, and making recommendations.
· Manage organization cash flow and forecasting.
· Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
· Report monthly actual results against budget and forecast. Investigate and explain causes of variance.
· Prepare cash flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals and handle daily cash management.
· Analyze trends and cost drivers and highlight risks and opportunities.
· Provide financial analyses to help leadership and divisional directors to understand financial results and support business decisions.
· Develop detailed financial analysis, reporting and dashboarding of sales data (both internal and distributor) to track sales performance and facilitate data-driven decisions.
· Prepare all required financial data for outside accounting firm to support generation of financial statements and tax filings.
· Manage and enhance corporate expense allocation processes.
Management of Finance and Accounting Operations:
· Manage daily operations of the functional areas in the Finance and Accounting Department, assign accountability, set objectives, establish priorities, monitor and evaluate staff performance using a supportive and collaborative approach.
· Ensure that company’s mission, vision and values underlie the culture and performance of all members of finance and accounting team.
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practice, improve the financial departments overall policy, training and procedure manual.
· Facilitate cross functional collaboration between finance and accounting and other applicable corporate functions – sales, marketing, R&D, manufacturing, etc.
· Guide all operations of the finance and accounting department including A/P, Billings and Collections, and Payroll.
· Support Finance and Accounting department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or company-side improvements.
· Drive the timing for A/R, A/P, and other cash management techniques to optimize cash flow.
· Act as primary liaison with outside accounting firm for tax strategy.
Note: this job may include additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above related to finance and accounting activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. CPA or MBA preferred with strong Financial Analysis background.
· Minimum 7 years’ overall professional experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and Accounting required.
· Minimum 3 years’ operational management experience, managing teams; demonstrated leadership skills required.
· Experience and knowledge of advanced analytical methods, software applications and solutions, budgeting and planning required.
· Experience in Excel, Accounting/General Ledger and Billing systems required. Quickbooks Enterprise experience preferred.
· Authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
· Strong knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.
· Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
· Experience streamlining reporting, budgeting, and forecasting processes.
· A multi- tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced work environment.
· Strong technical and analytical skills.
· Strong leadership, mentoring, management, and interpersonal skills.
· Detail oriented individual. Takes pride in accuracy of work product.
· Oral Communication: Excellent verbal communication; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions; actively participates in meetings. Good listener.
· Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Fosters teamwork, collaboration and positive team spirit; respectful.
· Very proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).