U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The YNT athletic trainer will be responsible for developing and supporting the Men’s Youth National Teams and all athletic training practices across U.S. Soccer. The individual will commit to the High Performance department’s mission and strategy to maximize performance across all sport development programs at U.S. Soccer. Working with the High Performance team will contribute to developing and delivering world-class athletic training support to the Youth National Teams (YNT).
- This role will provide focused support for the Men’s Youth National Teams
- Provide all athletic training and assist with medical support for the YNT as requested by the High Performance Director, Chief Medical Officer, and Sports Medicine Senior Manager
- Travel extensively with YNT to training camps and games both within the United States and abroad
- Responsible for the design and delivery of U.S. Soccer standards in injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation to all YNT players
- Responsible for evaluating and referring significant injuries and/or illnesses to the team physician, consultants, hospitals, or specialists as appropriate
- Responsible for tracking and developing individual and team programs, specifically injury mitigation, mobility, and rehabilitation as needed with all YNT players within U.S. Soccer camps and within their club environments
- Ensure all medical data collected is stored and up to date correctly in line with U.S. Soccer standards in AMS and EMR platform designated by U.S. Soccer, including but not limited to; nature of injury or illness, treatment provided, date, insurance, injured reserve, injury protection, medical authorization, medical information release, physical examinations, medical referrals, surgical reports, and x-ray/MRI information
- Ensure all physical programming is designed and stored in line with U.S. Soccer standards
- Ensure all pre, post, and in camp data collected is disseminated to all required staff and players in line with U.S. Soccer standards and time frame
- Work closely with the high performance staff to ensure U.S. Soccer standards in all testing, screening, monitoring, and return to play protocols are optimized, delivered, and recorded
- Assist Sports Science staff in camp to support athletes and inform/guide coaches on best practices to optimize performance and health of athletes
- Collaborate with Sports Science staff on training and injury prevention strategies outside of camp
- Maintain medical inventory, supplies, and equipment and evaluate new technology/devices to support athlete care
- Build a strong relationship with YNT clubs domestic and abroad to ensure a bilateral sharing of data and information is provided pre and post-camp
- Assist in training and supporting other medical staff within YNT training camps
- Assist in the development and support of all athletic training practice across U.S Soccer
Other duties as required or assigned, which may include:
- Help support and develop internal and external continued professional development for staff within the federation and practitioners within clubs
- Contribute to the education of staff and coaches within the federation, and those enrolled in federation specific qualification pathways
- Support and develop athletic training practice within the college and/or other soccer institutions
- Participate in partnership with IF/THEN and STEM initiatives
- All duties listed above with other National Teams (Women’s Youth, Extended) as needed