U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The YNT Sport Scientist will be responsible for developing and supporting the Women’s Youth National Teams and all sport science practices across U.S. Soccer. The individual will commit to the High Performance department’s mission and strategy to maximize performance across all sport development programs at U.S. Soccer. Working with the High Performance team will contribute to developing and delivering world-class sport science support to the Youth National Teams (YNT).
- This role will provide focused support for the Women’s Youth National Teams
- Provide all performance support for YNT as requested by the High Performance Director and/or the Manager of Sport Science
- Travel extensively with YNTs to training camps and games both within the United States and abroad
- Work closely with the YNT coaches to provide support and guidance with training planning and implementation
- Work closely with the sports medicine staff to ensure all testing, screening, monitoring, and return to play protocols are optimized, delivered, and recorded
- In conjunction with U.S. Soccer standards, lead monitoring, testing, strength and conditioning, and nutrition support to all players within the training camps
- Responsible for tracking and developing individual and team programs as needed with YNT players both within U.S. Soccer camps and within their club environments
- Ensure all data is collected and stored correctly in line with U.S. Soccer standards
- Ensure all data collected is disseminated to all required staff and players in line with U.S. Soccer standards.
- Collect pre-camp training information from home clubs
- Create and share post-camp training reports with home clubs
- Build a strong relationship with clubs and/or academic institutions home and abroad to ensure the bi-lateral sharing of data and information is provided pre-and post-camp
- Collaborate with Sports Medicine staff on training and injury prevention strategies outside of camp
- Maintain inventory, supplies, and equipment and evaluate new technology/devices to support athlete performance
- Provide performance education to players when needed
- Assist in the development and support of all sport science and performance practices across U.S Soccer
Other duties as required or assigned, which may include:
- Contribute to staff, and coaches' education within the federation and those enrolled onto federation-specific qualification pathways.
- Help support the department with research within performance and medicine
- Support the development of internal resources required within the High Performance Department
- Support the development of any performance network staff
- Participate in partnership with IF/THEN and STEM initiatives
- All duties listed above with other National Teams (Men’s Youth, Extended) as needed