To perform any and/or all painting and/or sandblasting job functions required in the fabrication of iron and steel structures and in accordance with contract/job specifications and quality assurance requirements/blasting and painting procedures and established ISO-QA/QC program standards.
· Operate painting and blasting equipment (pressure paint guns, pressure blasting nozzles/hoses, industrial air compressors, etc.) in a safe and efficient manner.
· Power tool cleaning and brush painting
· Operate manlift and/or high reach machinery when required to paint and/or blast surfaces above ground levels.
· Clean and maintain all related painting and blasting equipment including safety equipment (blasting hoods and air hoses, respirators, etc.).
· Apply primer and paint coatings as required in a manner that will ensure quality and unnecessary waste.
· Perform other related job duties as assigned, which may include rigging.
Tools and Equipment Used
Individuals must have knowledge of and used pressure paint guns, sandblasting hoses and nozzles, wet mill paint gauges, paint pots, air pressure compressors, protective blasting hoods, breathing respirators, etc. Must be able to read and write.
Ninety percent of the work activities are performed outside. Individuals would be required to work in changes of temperatures, hot, cold, humid, wet and dry conditions, dust, noise, etc. They will also be exposed to paint thinner and paint fumes.
Standing - Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Walking – Is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Lifting – Is an essential job function/physical requirement and the employee will be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
Carrying – Is an essential job function /physical requirement and the employees will be required to carry up to 50 pounds.
Turning, Twisting, Bending & Stooping – These are essential job functions/physical requirements.
Pushing and Pulling – These are essential job functions/physical requirements.
Reaching Forward and Reaching Overhead – These are essential job functions/physical requirements.
Climbing – The ability to climb is an essential job function/physical requirement.
Balancing, Fingering, Feeling, Talking, Hearing & Seeing – These are all considered normal physical duties/requirements and would be needed/required to work in this industrial environment in a safe and efficient manner.
· 2 years’ experience blasting/painting
· Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
· Must be able to pass background check to company policy.
· Ability to effectively communicate.
· TWIC card
· Highschool diploma or GED.