Over the past 30+ years, CRI has partnered with countless companies to create workplaces that become ecosystems for imagination, inspiration and ideas.
In the landscape of ever-changing office design, we strive to create resilient workplaces that become launch pads for teams to feel excited, motivated and encouraged to do their best work.
Our expertise is built upon a strong foundation of workplace strategy and furniture design, project management, and client advocacy. We are passionate about our values and strive to be an example of excellence in all that we do.
As a CRI designer, you will provide optimal workplace solutions to help clients realize their business goals, alongside a team of sales and project management professionals. You will utilize your skills to navigate clients through ideations, and design reviews; use your design thinking skills to solve problems and use your technical skills to validate and specify product solutions.
- Participate in creative efforts on client projects, developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies
- Interface with clients, A&D partners, and other trades to consult on design questions
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary service strategy
- Participate in client pitch interviews as a representative of the design team as needed
- Participate in selection of furniture finishes
- Present ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Produce space plans, furniture plans, elevations, conceptual and finished design presentation documentation
- Provide accurate furniture specifications, perform spec checks, and generate installation drawings
- Work with furniture manufacturers to understand technical specifications of furniture
- Provide solutions to design problems and generate design alternatives
- Ensure all design solutions are in compliance with all applicable codes
- Participate in field and site verifications as needed
- Understand and apply knowledge of current workplace trends, new materials, technologies and workplace products into designs
- Working knowledge of contract furniture, including order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation
- Knowledge of interior design field, current practices, techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of all space and technical plans
- Understanding of workplace environment issues (wellness, technology integration, collaboration, distributed work, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various phases
- College degree in interior design, architecture, or a related field preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people both within and outside the company
- Effective organizational and administrative skills
- Great oral and written communication skills
- A commitment to professionalism, integrity, and sound judgment in business transactions
- Able to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Expertise with computer-aided drafting (CAD) and other related 3D and design software
- Preferred expertise in 3D and specification software such as CET/CAP/ Sketchup/Revit
- Be a Good Human – Be kind, be respectful, be positive, have fun. We work hard, play hard and do the right thing.
- Be the Best Teammate – Roll up your sleeves, share wins and losses, approach creative problem solving collaboratively, be a no-ego doer. Together we are a force to be reckoned with.
- Be Inquisitive – Be engaged, find the why, value learning. Each day is a new opportunity to be better and put into practice the learnings from the day before.
- Be a Design Thinker – Have empathy, question, ideate and solve. We encourage design thinking in all facets of our business.
- Be an Example of Excellence – Go above and beyond, show initiative, be proud. Expect the best of yourself and each other every day.
- Be Authentic – Live our values with your personality. We want you to be you!