As we continue to grow and expand, we have an exciting opportunity in our R&D team in Durham. The CNC Programmer/Specialist is expected to program and troubleshoot CNC processes to meet quality and productivity goals; plans and coordinates CNC programs in the production and engineering of new and existing products along with other technical/administrative tasks involved in the concept, development of product processes and associated systems. Duties are generally prioritized, allowing employee to perform independently, with minimum supervision, in conformance with written instructions and established schedules. Problems not clearly defined by written directives or instructions are reviewed with supervisor to determine course of action. Essential responsibilities include:
- Perform programming of advanced CNC equipment using CAM Software.
- Troubleshoot processes to meet quality and productivity goals on tight tolerance parts made from difficult to machine materials.
- Collaborate with Engineering and others to optimize processes for improvements such as cycle time reduction, tool life and greater process capability.
- Assist Supervision, Engineering and Management regarding new technology acquisition, provide time studies, as needed for quoting, assist with fixture design; assists in creation of designs and conducts research as necessary.
- Conducts tests/ debugging on new and existing multi-axis CNC equipment/ processes.
- Document new procedures, drawing sets, and associated work instructions.
- Provides technical support to Production/manufacturing to ensure uninterrupted operations and process improvements.
- Understand and perform First Piece initial inspections/quality checks as required.
- Operates equipment including startup & shut down as necessary.
- Consistently meets Safety, Quality & Operations standards including required documentation with all work assignments.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment by following 6S standards.
- Properly follow all H&M procedures and policies.
- Use correct P.P.E per JHAs and Job Descriptions; required to wear safety shoes with the standard F2412 and F2413 rating. Individuals trained in NFPA 70E Arc Flash are required to wear electrical hazard safety shoes with the F2412EH and F2413EH rating.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities, including Idea System.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associate of Science degree in related Engineering field or minimum 3 years equivalent multi-axis CNC programming and/or machining background.
- Basic skills in engineering computer software and test equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- General use of hand tools including, but not limited to, general hand tool used mechanical, assembly, some power tools, metrology instruments such as Vernier Caliper, different Micrometer(s), precision Gage Pins, Dial Indicators & a wide variety of precision custom gages used to determine the quality of a product.
- Working knowledge of Computer / IT systems, Internal Network structure(s) in a windows environment & MS Office products is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram from.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Available to work overtime/alternate schedules as business needs dictate.
- Working in high production setting
- Medical device & instrumentation
- Knowledge of modern cutting tools
- Knowledge of modern tool holding systems
- Mastercam programming software
- Fanuc controllers
- Solid Works Design software
- Macro programming experience a plus
- Renishaw Laser & Part Probing experience a plus
- Ability to build fixtures for work holding a plus
Required hands-on experience:
- Setting & Preparing Tools for CNC operations
- Aligning Fixtures for Work Holding
- Testing & Interrogating CNC Processes
Hobson & Motzer offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, STD/LTD, retirement plan/401(K) and annual discretionary profit sharing bonus. If you are interested in joining a stable, growth-oriented and innovative organization where you can make a difference, please send your resume with a cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources by clicking the link below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.